Sous Chef, Crieff, Perthshire
We are seeking a Sous Chef to join our busy kitchen team at The Famous Grouse Experience in Crieff. Responsible for supporting the Head Chef in ensuring sustained growth of turnover and net operating profits by effectively managing the kitchen and the delivery of culinary excellence. Responsible for providing day to day culinary advice, innovative solutions and quality service in line with business objectives and Elior UK standards to achieve and maximise set targets. A key role in ensuring a committed and engaged team.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
As Sous Chef you will
- Ensure food preparation and control meets requirements in respect of COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures.
- Support Head Chef in maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget.
- Be responsible for maintaining up to date product and menu knowledge, and maintaining a high standard of food preparation and presentation, ensuring portion and quality control.
- Be responsible for collecting and checking deliveries as required and placing them in the appropriate storage areas.
- Be responsible for ensuring high standards of cleanliness of all areas in the kitchen and of equipment.
- Provide support to other members of the kitchen and front of house team as required.
Knowledge and Skills
As a chef for Elior we look for …
- Warm, friendly and genuine with excellent all round communication skills.
- Adaptable, whilst able to conform strictly to Elior UK procedures.
- Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and customers and maintains a professional image at all times.
- Methodical, thorough with persistence to see a job through to conclusion.
- Adaptable, able to maintain the highest quality of service whilst working within standard operating procedures and rules.
- Able to advise others in a specialist area of expertise.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment.
Experience and Qualifications
As Chef we look for …
- A passion for cooking great food, using locally sourced ingredients
- A drive to learn and develop within the team
- Relevant qualifications including food hygiene, cookery certifications/qualifications
- Level 2 Food Hygiene and Health & Safety Training would be an added benefit
- Qualification in City and Guilds 706-1, 706-2 in Catering would be beneficial