Events Manager - Churchill War Rooms, Westminster
4 days left
- Full Time
We are looking to recruit a passionate, motivated and highly experienced Events Manager to join our impressive catering contract within Churchill War Rooms in London. We cater for a range of facilities including retail through to hospitality, with a focus is on high volume conference and events. If you are looking for a fast paced and challenging position within a leading employer and have the required experience - apply now!Package description
£22,500 per annum
Monday to Friday with some Saturdays as the business requires
Lots of opportunity to develop and progress
- Manage staff responsible for event coordination activities.
- Coordinate and run events such as conferences, birthdays, charity events, sales meetings, business meetings and employee appreciation events.
- Proactively up selling the services by various techniques and always aiming to meet customer needs and exceed customer expectations.
- Looking after a core team of 3 and variable team of up to 15 - 25 staff.
- To inspire exceptional service to our clients and guests
- Maintains a strong relationship with client during coordination, execution and evaluation stages of services.
- Responsible for all client meetings, whether face-to-face or by telephone.
- To be involved in show rounds and requirements meetings for events
- Responsible for ensuring client contracts and prepayments have been received prior to the actual event day
- Responsible for creating Catering Schedules for clients confirming all of their catering requirements, and liaising with clients regularly to ensure all last minute changes and requests are met on the event day
- Forecasting projected sales for each event and updating on a regular basis for weekly forecast meetings
- Invoicing clients for all events and chasing of outstanding payments in line with the units payment terms
- Event Management experience within well respected venues
- Have background in driving and delivering conference and events
- The ability to build and lead an effective team through great leadership
- Drive Standards, quality and innovation
- Results orientated and motivated to achieve measurable results
- Sound knowledge of Hygiene, Health and Safety
- Motivated by a passion for quality, targets and great service delivery
- Interpersonal, administrative and organisational skills
- A 'Can-do', enthusiastic attitude
- Financial and commercial acumen
- Computer literate
- Ability to deal with both internal and external customers
People are at the heart of everything that IWM does – the people who work for us, the people who visit our museums and the people whose powerful stories and experiences we reveal in our unique collections. We are dedicated to developing a deeper public understanding of the causes, course and consequences of war – and we rely on our staff to help us achieve our objectives.