Assistant Director Of Estates (Catering and Retail)
We're currently recruiting for a prestigious University in the West Midlands who have a fantastic academic record progressing up the ranks of the best University in the UK, attracting students from all over the world. There are 28,000 students on campus and 3,500 staff.
Our client's existing catering offers, currently worth around £4.5m turnover and range from Starbucks and Costa franchises to Food Courts catering for 150 covers, is out to tender. This, along with the creation of four new concepts is anticipated to be awarded to new caterers by June and September 2018.
Historically catering has not really been managed by a catering specialist figurehead, therefore with this future investment planned, there is now a need to create the post of an Assistant Director of Estates (Catering and Retail) who will take ownership of managing the newly appointed caterers, ensuring SLA's and KPI's are adhered to and revenue opportunities are maximised. Ideally this person will be appointed in time to have input into the latter stages of the tender process, ideally by April 2018.
It is essential that this person has a strong catering background and is well versed in managing external contractors in order to add value to the Estates Department.
As Assistant Director of Estates, your main duties and responsibilities will include:
* Ownership of the creation and on-going development of the Group Catering Strategy. Leading the implementation of strategy responsible for agreeing development plans and associated budgetary and resource planning.
* Leading and managing contract review and re-tender processes of the University's catering contract and associated retail offering to ensure the University Group benefits from innovative solutions to meet changing customer demand.
* Managing relationships with the service provider whilst ensuring contractual compliance and adherence to University policies.
* Leading business planning and performance management to ensure the delivery of quality and financial objectives to ensuring that the service provider meets agreed targets. Developing and implementing an appropriate management and reporting structure including regular review of KPIs. Setting service improvement targets and agree action plans to ensure delivery.
* Consistently delivering high levels of customer satisfaction in a cost effective manner. Identifying cost savings, demonstrating value for money to the University.
Essential Attributes include:
* NVQ3 / BTEC / City & Guilds / HND / Degree in catering services / hospitality management.
* Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate or above.
* Proven track record of managing outsourced catering provisions and contract management.
* Supporting contract reviews resulting in TUPE transfer arrangements from one supplier to another
* Ability to influence and negotiate at senior levels.
* Significant experience of leading and successfully managing a large catering facility/operation.
* Significant experience of developing, delivering and monitoring business plans.
* Experience of working in a fast paced, changing environment using POS Systems.
* Experience of developing and implementing creative solutions to areas of improvement.
* Strong commercial acumen and proven business development ability including the development of business plans and budgetary management skills.
* Ability to monitor and research sector developments, evaluate and adapt and apply to the University.
* Excellent IT skills, including bespoke systems.
* Wide range of legislative awareness including food hygiene and health and safety.
* Commitment to a high quality customer service.
* Organisational and planning skills.
* Outstanding communication and influencing skills (including oral, written and presentation skills).
* Proven experience in motivating others to deliver high performance
* Ability to contribute to the wider strategic debate and decision making process
* Flexibility to meet the demands on a 24/7 catering provision.
* An appreciation of other cultures; the global reach of the University and its International agenda, understanding and commitment to Equality and Diversity.
* A full clean driving licence.
* Master's degree
* Evidence of attendance at Continuous Professional Development courses
* Evidence of managing significant change
* Keen to continue self-development within role
Please apply with your most current CV in word format if this role is of interest.