6 days left
- Part Time
A great opportunity to join our Domestic team as a Supervisor working on a Permanent basis has become available to work within our busy healthcare setting.
This role will suit a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.Package description
We have an exciting opportunity to join our dedicated domestic team as a Domestic Supervisor at Kings Mill Hospital. Previous supervisor experience is essential.
The successful candidate will be fully flexible in regards to their working week, in return we will guarantee 30 hours per week. You will work between the hours of 7am-7pm, 6 hours per day 5 / 7 days.Main responsibilities
Responsible for the cleaning standards across the hospital, this role will involve direct supervision of team leaders and domestic assistants and liaising daily with Patients and Medical staff on ward areas with responsibilities including:
- To directly supervise the Domestic team.
- Ensure cleaning standards are consistently met and maintained in accordance with our contract and current legislative requirements.
- Support the Domestic Manager with changing business demands.
- Produce reports on cleaning standards for relevant areas and report back.
- Take part in scheduled audit of areas.
- Maintain staff rota’s and ensure all areas are effectively covered.
- Carry out return to work interviews for staff that have been absent in line with company policies
- Hold performance reviews with new starters and existing staff
- Undertake and record any training that is completed on all staff’s individual training cards
- Support front line team with any training or day to day issues that may arise.
- Liaise with Ward staff, Doctors and nurses in a professional manner.
- Previous Supervisory experience and a passion for progression.
- Able to manage and get the best out of a team by demonstrating a can do attitude.
- Proficient in maintaining the highest possible level of cleanliness and promoting this standard to your teams.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to observe all contractual and legislative obligations.
- Ability to work in a fast paced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Be aware that this is a hospital environment and at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Baring Service check costs, are met by the employer.
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.