General Manager - The City
We are looking for a commercially aware General Manager to join our media industry contract in the heart of The City. Tasty, nutritious and exciting food offers are to be created and delivered alongside sharp and efficient customer and food service. If you love food innovation, are driven by hitting and exceeding sales targets and have a passion for management and leadership - we want to hear from you!Package description
£45,000 - £50,000
Monday - Friday only (flexibility required)
Innovative, rewarding and unique contract in the heart of London!
Compass Group UK & Ireland offers excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its great people, we believe in the opportunity to recognise and develop great talent. That's why we offer a number of courses and qualifications for our talented Managers. For our future stars, we have The Academy and Accelerate programmes which will equip you for a career in Catering Management. For established managers, we have our Evolve programme which will hone your existing skills and add to your managerial capabilities. We’re also Edexcel approved, so you can be sure you are getting the best training available to you. So whether you are a Future Star with big aspirations or an established High Performer with a proven track record – there is a development plan for you. If this isn’t enough, we offer a competitive salary, pension scheme and life assurance, sick pay, and company discounts. And because life isn't only about work, we offer a good annual leave entitlement too.Main responsibilities
You will be a hands on manager, developing and motivating a team of 50 front and back of house staff. With 2500 average covers per day and 200 average on the weekend, your focus will be on driving sales, delivering an exceptional customer experience, and challenging the 'norm' with food and coffee offers. You will oversee all of catering, to include a staff restaurant, coffee bar and hospitality and events.Ideal candidate
- Personality is key! We require a positive, pro active and hands on manager to manage this contract like it's your own business, ensuring strong and robust relationships are built with the clients and customers
- Passion for all food, coffee, drinks... the list goes on. We require you to keep up to date with food trends, new concepts and exciting street food ideas
- Strong leadership qualities. You need to be a confident leader and team manager, with lots of experience of developing and motivating your team as well as all HR responsibilities
- Innovation and creativity needs to be your focus with a knowledge and understanding of the local high street retail competition
- Managing and exceeding targets, overseeing budgets, and ensuring the business is being managed with a commercial understanding is essential to this roleAbout the company
Our Company vision is Great People, Great Service, Great Results and we believe your contribution is crucial to the success of the business. To achieve our vision we live by the values of Integrity, Team work, Passion, Can-Do and Responsibility.
At Restaurant Associates our vision is simple - 'Bringing people together with brilliant food, brilliant service and brilliant associates'
Our inspirational food is alive with flavour and nutrition, sourced in a socially responsible manner for the well-being of our customers, communities and the environment and we match this with the excellent service of our brilliant associates.
Our values are our DNA - INSPIRATIONAL FOOD - INNOVATIVE SPIRIT - ASSOCIATES WHO EXCEL - STRONGER TOGETHER