Kitchen Assistant - Addenbrookes Hospital
Medirest is the specialist healthcare division of Compass Group UK & Ireland. As the UK’s leading healthcare support service provider, our aim is to improve patient satisfaction by providing the highest quality patient-dining experience.
An exciting opportunity to join our Patient Catering (Back of House) Team has become available at Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge. We are currently recruiting for a full-time Kitchen Assistant to help achieve our aims. The shift pattern for this position is 7.00-14.30, 4 days a week (weekly changing rota), giving a total of 35 weekly hours.Main responsibilities
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual who can demonstrate initiative and take responsibility inside our central RDU (Receiving and Distributing Unit) which provides Food & Beverage products to the hospital.
This role will involve working in a chilled environment.
Main responsibilities include;
- Picking and packing Food & Beverage products
- Loading and organising trolleys for kitchens around the hospital
- Providing information about special diets to the Housekeeping Team (training provided)
- Maintaining a clean and hygienic kitchen environment
Full training provided.Ideal candidate
The Ideal Candidate will be:
- Safe, Kind and Consideration
- Be passionate and take pride in their work
- Flexible to meet the needs of the business, available to work any 4 days a week, overtime is also available in the department or in other support services
- Well organised
- Have excellent people skills
- Able to work individually and as part of a team.
Previous catering experience and knowledge is desirable but not essential.About the company
At Medirest, we believe that creating the right opportunities for the right people is the key to the Hospitals renowned success. We offer Agenda for Change contracts which means that although you will not be employed by the NHS, you will enjoy progressive pay scales, generous Annual Leave entitlements, as well as other attractive Terms and Conditions. So be a part of one of the country’s leading Hospitals and begin a rewarding role with Medirest.
For more information about our services within healthcare, visit our website at www.medirest.co.uk.