CH&Co and its brand divisions are one of the most respected and vibrant, cutting edge companies within the food service sector today. We have a reputation for good food, unrivalled service and a passion for making each and every eating experience a memorable one.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for Ampersand, an experienced player specialising in bespoke catering at some of the UK's most iconic venues and visitors attractions.
Hourly Rate: £8.50 per hour
Working Pattern: Tuesday - Friday/ 28 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Contact Name: Peter Houghton
A great opportunity has arisen for a Kitchen Porter. This position is for an exciting new contract in the centre of Cambridge which is due to open in March. The working hours for this position is between 10.00am - 5.30pm
To clean and maintain cleanliness of kitchen work, ice areas and utensils and to transport food or kitchen equipment as required. Assisting the Chefs in collecting, carrying and other manual tasks in the kitchen.
- Receives all goods, checks temperature on arrival of high risk foods and checks for any non-conforming products or discrepancies and informs the Head Chef of any changes
- Stores all goods following correct Company procedure
- To report and where possible take action for any incidents or accidents, fire, loss, theft, damage or other occurrence.s
- Work to rota displayed in kitchen
- Attend meetings and/or training sessions as required
- Work in a safe and tidy manner at all times, ensuring I consider my colleagues
- Inform the Head Chef when cleaning materials and personal protective clothing need to be ordered
- Hardworking with a good work ethic and attitude to learn.
- Understanding of kitchen standards
- Understanding of health & Safety procedures with in a kitchen environment
If you feel you have the above qualities and more, and you want to work within a forward thinking company whose passion for food, people development & excellent customer / client service is second to none - then we want to hear from you.