Sales and Events Manager
CH&Co and its brand divisions are one of the most respected and vibrant, cutting edge companies within the food service sector today. We have a reputation for good food, unrivalled service and a passion for making each and every eating experience a memorable one.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for Ampersand, an experienced player specialising in bespoke catering at some of the UK's most iconic venues and visitors attractions.
Leading the Sales & Events business within this iconic venue, the role exists to help build and maintain positive relationship with prospective and existing clients and venues, by providing excellent event management. Results are sales driven by producing sales proposals for prospective clients in a creative and proactive way to drive new business and retain existing business.
Due to the nature of the role, the following list is not exhaustive of the job requirements and priorities will be jointly set following discussion with the Deputy/General Manager. For this document, they will be split out in two roles: Sales & Events but they are not limited to a separation as the role is incumbent of both.
- Ensure all enquiries are dealt with promptly within the set agreed time – Normally 24 hours.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with prospective and existing clients and suppliers within the industry (especially your tasked allocated venues)
- Assist management in the provision of relevant management reports as required by the company
- Meet the sales and personal targets set by GM
- Maintain awareness of the market to ensure Ampersand /IGMT are fully appraised of opportunities for developing the business
- Use site systems to ensure all leads are followed up and the information is kept up to date and recorded correctly
- Ensure all sales activity is inputted on site trackers
- Participate in a forum (weekly sales and ops meetings) to contribute ideas and knowledge to assist in the development of the company
- Create quotes, proposals for clients for events ensuring that:
- Costs are accurate and company policy followed
- Profit margins are maintained
- Quality is not compromised
- The client’s requirements are met
- The Ampersand/IGMT brand is not diluted in any way
- Record commissions on the allocated tracker document
- Co-ordinate post event P&L ensuring that the quoted budgets are met
- Ensure final billing / invoice is sent to the client in the agreed time frame (if applicable)
- Chase payment from client should the invoice not be paid in the agreed time frame, ensuring all debtors are monitored (If applicable)
- Any requests to deviate from nominated suppliers need to go through GM
- Execute proactive marketing ideas for venues
- Conduct competitor analysis for key venues
- Attend and actively participate in monthly 1-1 meetings with GM
- Meet the clients to plan and organise an event from the original call through to the event conclusion, this should always be the point of action for weddings or private events
- Collate the function sheets for the kitchen and back of house department for all tastings and events
- Ensure that all food tastings are organised and set up to company standards
- Manage the event operations on all aspects of the event
- Ensure that the staff from the companies nominated suppliers are booked in a timely fashion and within the budgets set out in the proposal document
- Ensure all the equipment agreed with the client is ordered and placed for all events within the budget set out in the proposal document
- Ensure that all relevant drinks are ordered for events based on the client’s needs
- Conduct site visits for all events prior to the event and run through event in detail with client
- Onsite management of the event staff (front and back of house), giving them an accurate briefing or the event
- Managing the event from an operational standpoint from start to finish, producing briefing notes for all staff to adhere to
- Ensure that all operational packs are collated at the end of the event that would include, timesheets, drinks consumption, hire sheets in preparation for billing
- Close all live documentation (staff bookings) on line in preparation for billing
- Escalate any staffing issues, hire issues directly with the supplier giving constructive feedback
- Run through billing for final sign off with GM and IGMT C&B Manager.
- Attend weekly team meetings, as required, to review the previous week and plan for the forthcoming week
- Ensure regular contact with all venues and their events team to foster positive relationships and win more business
- Attend regular reviews and annual appraisals with the GM
- Encourage and foster effective and regular communication between team members and other venues
- Participate in feedback to the General Manager regarding business development, event feedback and initiatives for developing business
- Communicate sales leads and other business opportunities to General Manager