We are looking for a Mess accountant who will be responsible for maintaining efficient accounting systems within the Mess in accordance with the contract.Main responsibilities
- To maintain Mess Bill summaries and other subsidiary accounts as detailed by the Mess Treasurer through the Mess Manager.
- To train and teach new staff all aspects of your job where it directly affects their place of employment.
- To prepare visitors Mess Bills for settlement prior to departure where feasible, or as soon as possible thereafter.
- Ensure that correct computer transactions are made for the bar stock items sold to Mess members by way of a chit, or allocated/consumed on functions.
- Paying and receiving of monies on behalf of the mess, and ensuring cash is correctly and accurately accounted for and balanced
- Ensuring bank account is reconciled against regular bank statements.
- Producing monthly balance sheets, data required for the annual audit and forecasts of income/expenditure
- Ensuring the timely and accurate issue of Mess Bills.
- Obtaining prompt settlement of monies owing to the fund, reporting any aged debtors
- Ensuring regular payment of liabilities to external creditors.
- Ensuring paperwork is in place for central bank to authorise BACS payments for mess member’s bills.
- Stock takes with Mess Manager/bar staff every week, to reconcile monies against stock levels.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Good Communications skill
- A 'can do' attitude
- Passionate and enthusiastic
- Work well as team or individually
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
ESS Support Services Worldwide is the defence, government, offshore and remote business sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. It provides food and support services to major companies and organisations operating in remote sites, defence, central and local government departments, police, prisons & offshore sectors.