1 day left
- Full Time
Job title - Chef
Hours - 40 hours
Pay - £9.00ph with rise to £10 after probation
A rare opportunity has become available at Fernhill house luxury care home. We are looking for an experienced Chef to join the team to help deliver a fresh approach to care home cuisine. You will be responsible for preparation of fresh, nutritionally balanced menus with a small team of kitchen and front of house staff. You will be a strong cook and be able to deliver a variety of different dishes to a high standard. Maintain a high standard of hygiene and have a flexible approach. Great work life balance and no split shifts.
You will also be required to
- To cook to the required standards guided by the Head chef
- To have full understanding of H.A.C.C.P, to ensure all staff adhere to H.A.C.C.P and all documentation are completed.
- To consult with residents on a regular basis to ensure that their needs and choices are being met.
- To prepare special diets for residents as directed by the nursing staff.
- To maintain agreed cleaning and deep cleaning schedules for the kitchen.
- To co-operate with requests from the Home Manager and residents wherever possible.
Skills & Experience
- Significant and relevant high cover kitchen experience in similar environment.
- Ability to cater for specific dietary needs.
- Efficient ordering and record keeping.
- Stock control.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbally.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Self motivated, flexible and enthusiastic.
- Works collaboratively with others sharing ideas and information at all times.
- Has the ability to delegate effectively.
Apply for Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly