Our client is looking for a experienced sous chef to work closely with the Head Chef to work under the exec chef and the aim to take over as the head chef within 12 months, 600 people on site based near Chancery Lane.
two kitchens, staff chefs x9 and x2 chefs in hospitality, open 7;30am-9pm- however you only work Monday to Friday 7am-3;30pm
We are looking for a dynamic and caring sous chef to work for this national contract catering company. The ideal sous Chef will have a passion for fresh food, an eye for detail and a firm but fair management style is key to this post. Strong craft skills are essential. Ideally you will have relative background experience.
The ideal candidate will be able to float between the two kitchens , somebody with hospitality experience is required but your main role is to oversee the staff restaurant.
Sous Chef Role Purpose:
- Managing staff.
- Attending training courses, as required
- Stock taking.
- Ordering and inducting new staff.
Essential Qualifications & Experience Needed To Be The sous Chef:
- A proven track record as a sous Chef with the experience of managing the day to day challenges.
- Individual will need to be fully qualified 706/2 or equivalent.
- Previous experience providing high quality food service in a Health and Welfare environment.
- Must have excellent cooking skills in both presentation and taste
- Must be reliable and have attention to detail
- You should be an IT proficient.
- You must be a self-motivated individual
- You must have excellent people management skills and be able to motivate your team.
- Be proactive and ensure innovation through team and service.
- You will be an ambassador for customer service ensuring all customer needs are met.
- Ideally you will have been a sous Chef within contract catering in the Blue Chip or in head office style B&I contracts and above all else have the drive to deliver excellence of service.
- If this role is of interest please forward your CV.
Cartwheel - going head over heels to help you