General Manager - Goodwood Motor Sports
A high profile specialist and prestigious opportunity, for a dynamic, senior and inspirational green field site professional. With experience in F&B delivery, logistics and a real ‘people person’, with rounded leadership skills and a mantra to jump the curve and innovate F&B products to new heights. Responsible for developing and delivering exceptional food and guest experience, for high profile events. Critical to the success and reputation of the F&B offering, is the leadership and engagement of a large, well-trained team, both fixed and seasonal.Package description
Up to £55,000
Lots of scope to develop
Opportunity to work at one of our most high profile venuesMain responsibilities
You will work closely with both Goodwood and Compass within a joint venture partnership to qualify requirements, then deliver the catering strategy. As such, you will continually evolve both the catering and guest experience product, such that is renowned for food and hospitality excellence as befits a world famous iconic venue. This is not a role for someone who wants to preserve the status quo, or simply copy ideas from elsewhere, but if you have the passion for food and service underpinned by evidence of delivery of fresh ideals and operational excellence then you will shine and so will the venue.Ideal candidate
- Passionate about food and hospitality, with a natural flare for guest focus and quality of experience at all levels.
- Demonstrates passion and hunger for ensuring an exceptional hospitality experience, able to inspire the entire and varied team to work as one to ‘jump the curve’ and delight in delivering the best possible food and experiences.
- Passionate about people – enjoys communicating with the most important of clients as well as the all-important team members that deliver great service day to day.
- Track record of senior F&B delivery experience gained from green field sites, sports or major leisure venue operational contract management experience.
- Multi-site / multi venue experience, able to manage a mixed portfolio of outlets, embracing the spectrum from quality dining, to event catering to fast paced retail food delivery.
- Respected for leadership skills – confidently able to appoint, develop and inspire large high performing teams of both fixed and variable staff. Can demonstrate provision of clear and decisive direction.
- Strategic Thinker – ability to conceive and plan effective strategies and supporting tactics which embrace a variety of elements into a common goal.
- Excellent client and stakeholder management presence and interpersonal skills. Well versed in clarifying client and customer requirements. Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills, including delivering concise and engaging presentations.
- Professional integrity – naturally commands respect and delivers on promises.
- Project management - ability to lead the implementation of change programmes to deliver operational benefits
- Commercial agility – adept at budgeting, forecasting and effective resource deployment, with an agile eye for trends and embracing change in a cost effective way, whilst mainlining product integrity.
Goodwood Event Catering is the joint venture with Levy UK, which manages and operates all event catering, hospitality and bar services at Goodwood. The secret of the success of Goodwood Event Catering is the combined ambition and professionalism of all parties work as a truly ‘powerful partnership’ to deliver world class experiences at Goodwood.
The Goodwood Revival is the world’s most popular historic motor race meeting and the only event of its kind to be staged in the time capsule of the Forties, Fifties and Sixties. As well as recreating the golden era of motor sport, the Revival offers exceptional wheel-to-wheel racing around a classic circuit, untouched by the modern world. The Goodwood Revival, held on the Sussex Downs, is not only a breath-taking backdrop for some of the very finest motor spectaculars, but it is also one of the world’s greatest venues for entertaining both privately and corporately.