Senior Sous Chef - Twickenham
Levy Restaurants are proud to work alongside Twickenham Experience, The home to the Rugby Football Union. Twickenham Stadium hosts international matches for the England national team, club rugby matches and a range of events such as music concerts.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Sous Chef to work within our fast paced and ever changing business. As Senior Sous Chef, you will work closely with our Head Chef to provide quality hospitality including fine dining. Our events are varied and can include small fine dining dinners through to large events - covers expected across match days can reach 16,000! You will have a strong background in conference and events whilst also understand local trends in order to drive our retail offers.
Within this role there is a need for strong management and planning skills, with the requirement for excellent communication and management skills. You will, therefore, be adaptable as well as passionate and hard working.Package description
Up to £36,000
5 out of 7, flexibility required
High volume, high quality experience required
Compass Group UK & Ireland offers excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its great people, we believe in the opportunity to recognise and develop great talent. That's why we offer a number of courses and qualifications for our talented Managers. For our future stars, we have The Academy and Accelerate programs which will equip you for a career in Catering Management. For established managers, we have our Evolve programme which will hone your existing skills and add to your managerial capabilities. We’re also Excel approved, so you can be sure you are getting the best training available to you. So whether you are a Future Star with big aspirations or an established High Performer with a proven track record – there is a development plan for you. If this isn’t enough, we offer a competitive salary, pension scheme and life assurance, sick pay, and company discounts. And because life isn't only about work, we offer a good annual leave entitlement tooMain responsibilities
- Catering for high volume number of covers daily
- Working in a team of 9, producing high end, exciting, high quality food
- Developing, training and supporting staff
- Creating innovative menu concepts ensuring they are on trend and delicious!
- Adhere to H&S and F&H standards
- Stock taking, ordering of stock etc
- Deputise in the Head Chefs absence
- Someone who takes the initiative and drives for results
- Experience in high volume catering
- Exceptional culinary skill set
- Passion for high quality tasty food, and someone who keeps up to date with food trends
- Passion for fresh produce and the latest food trends
- Organised, able to make robust judgements and prioritise
- Honest, transparent and consistent
- Enthusiastic, motivational, someone who strives for excellence
- Gain and hold the respect of others
- Have a flexible approach with a “can do” attitude
- A good track record of driving world class performance
- Ability to monitor and challenge the use of processes
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients including Twickenham Experience, Tom’s Kitchen at Somerset House and The O2, through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.