Business Manager - Hotel Services
Our client is a leading charity organisation, providing health and social care for nearly 7,000 people weekly. The company aims to make a positive impact on the lives of its community through physical, social and emotional support which enhances well-being and inspires community connection. The organisation is committed to finding innovative solutions tailored to the people who use their services.
A centre based in Barnet are looking to employ a Hotel Services Business Manager to provide specific operational & financial management within Hotel Services and assist in the development and control of policy relating to Hotel Services. Kindness and consideration are paramount to success in this role, as working in the Care environment means direct contact with Community Centre members, residents and relatives alongside supporting colleagues in Finance, Placements, HR and Procurement and influencing improvements.
The successful candidate must be qualified to minimum NVQ L4 and possess a proven track record in Operations / General Management in Hotel Services or Facilities Management with broad remits and budget ownership and the following competencies:
- Responsibility for maximising all income potential within Hotel Services and ensuring budgets are not exceeded and quality expectations are met
- Working closely with managers to monitoring performances and driving measurable improvements
- Assisting the service management in ensuring both strategic and operational objectives are met
- Monitoring expenditure against budget for all assigned cost centres to and ensuring savings are maximised, overspends are minimised, and variances are accounted for and reported.
- Formulating improvement projects with specialist colleagues and monitoring progress against planned costs and timescales to ensure targets are met
- Monitoring hotel services staff hours actual against budgets and highlighting discrepancies to Resource
- Ensuring Business Partners are performing to contractual specifications and local requirements by regularly assessing, monitoring and directing
- Working with specialist colleagues to ensure that Purchasers needs and demands are met by our provision and supply, and to support the formulation of plans to address significant gaps
Our client is multi-award winning and is looking for a doer, intent on achieving positive outcomes to continue supporting their outstanding service. If you have the ability to work operationally and strategically in managing a wide variety of areas of responsibility (Catering, cleaning, marketing, finance, FM, administration) and the passion to make a difference in community, then this role is for you.