4 days left
- Full Time
You will lead a team that supports high quality education at this school by providing outstanding food and customer service to the pupils and staff.
You should share our passion for delivering the best service and exciting fresh and nutritious food on a daily basis.
It all starts with enjoyment - great tasting, healthy food that pupils look forward too and really love.
We are looking for a talented and experienced General Manager to join our great team at this prestigious Independent School that can help further enhance our food offer working alongside the Regional Manager
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary.Package description
Fantastic Opportunity-Prestigious Independent School
40 Hours per week
Salary Up to £45k dependant on experience
Opportunity to opt into company pension scheme
Chartwells Independent is the leading provider of catering and support services to Independent Schools in the UK. We provide innovative catering, hospitality and food service by creating imaginative food offers delivered with an exceptional service.
We know as a company that great service comes from offering great food made from quality ingredients delivered with exceptional customer service. Our teams use seasonal produce, adding creativity to let the food speak for itself. We pride ourselves on being able to provide a diverse range of cuisines that keep up to date with today’s trends ensuring we offer a great dining experience.
We nurture and develop our teams to enrich their skills which allows them to show their passion and inspiration that as a company we are proud encourage.Main responsibilities
The main responsibilities of the General Manager will be:
- Manage the team to deliver an excellent catering service through great food and excellent customer service
- Responsible for managing the delivery of food innovation within the school
- You will ensure compliance with all statutory requirements
- Effective control of costs
- Introduction of new ideas to drive the service forward
- Develop the existing teams’ knowledge and skills.
- Passionate about catering and service delivery
- Knowledge of food preparation and standards required
- A strong leader, with bags of enthusiasm
- Management experience within a similar environment and knowledge of working within schools
- Experience of management of catering service is essential
- An adaptable individual who can communicate at all levels from pupils to clients
- Very organised and enjoys working in a very busy environment
- Sound knowledge of legislative standards
- Standards and quality driven management style
- Computer literacy
- Financial and commercial acumen
- Ability to offer excellent customer service
- A 'Can do' attitude
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.