Sous/Junior Sous Chef
Sous Chef/Junior Sous Chef - Ollie Dabbous & Hedonism Wines Opening Spring 2018
We have an excellent opportunity for a talented Sous Chef / Junior Sous Chef to join our exciting new venture.
Michelin* Chef Ollie Dabbous & one of the World’s best fine wine boutiques Hedonism Wines have come together to create an amazing & innovative new wine & fine dining venture in Mayfair.
Destined to be the biggest opening of 2018, this venture is also being designed with a view to creating a sustainable working environment that helps to promote a healthy work/life balance for all staff, allowing you to grow & develop your career.
The state of the art kitchen will offer a menu using the finest ingredients, respectfully treated, to create light elegant dishes, both organic & theatrical.
There will be two kitchens, both spacious & state of the art, including: wood-fired oven, induction stoves, smoking chimneys, deck ovens, pasteurizers, pastry sheeters, anti-griddles & soft-serve machines.
One kitchen will serve high quality dishes for all day dining from breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea & dinner for the ground floor restaurant.
The second, the Mezzanine will serve fine dining lunch & dinner only, both kitchens aiming to deliver Michelin* standard cuisine.
The venture has been designed with a view to sustainable working conditions, capping the chefs working hours & giving them 3 days off per week wherever possible.
The kitchens will benefit from air conditioning, there will also be a staff canteen and shower facilities.
A successful Sous Chef/Junior Sous Chef will:
- Have an open & approachable manner & thrive on interacting with people.
- Be well organized with a professional approach & a willingness to learn
- Have an ability to work both as a team & individually
- Have the right to work in the UK essential
- Ensuring your brigade maintains the highest culinary standards
- To demonstrate promptness, anticipation, and organisation to deal with the different aspects of the position.
- Flexibility in working hours and days.
- Managing food ordering & storage
- Taking a role in the development of junior team members.
- Ensure the proper appearance and grooming of the brigade
- Helping the Head Chef to develop new dishes for the menu
- To be respectful and respond positively to demands from the Management team.
- Ensuring a safe & hygienic kitchen environment
- Attend and participate in any training and personnel development schemes as recommended by your Head Chef
The entire team will be filled by similarly motivated people with a real passion & enthusiasm for providing the very best service possible alongside highly skilled & experienced professionals.
What’s in it for our new Sous Chef/Junior Sous Chef:
- A company who's aim is to promote a healthy work/life balance for all its employees.
- A newly built, state of the art, beautifully designed restaurant offering spectacular, innovative cuisine & the most extensive wine list in the World
- Highly competitive salaries
- Extensive training tailored to each individual
- Clear career progression
- Staff meals whilst on duty
- Local, dedicated staff facilities including shower facilities on site & nearby naturally lit staff common room/canteen
- Wine discount at Hedonism Wines
- Generous staff discount in the Restaurant
- Cycle to work scheme
This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to be part of an amazing new restaurant opening & gain valuable experience of working in Michelin standard fine dining.
We are looking for professionals who are looking to develop their careers as we will always look to promote talent from within.
Starting salary £30,000-£36,000