Sales and Events Coordinator
4 days left
- Full Time
CH&Co and its brand divisions are one of the most respected and vibrant, cutting edge companies within the food service sector today. We have a reputation for good food, unrivalled service and a passion for making each and every eating experience a memorable one.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for Ampersand, an experienced player specialising in bespoke catering at some of the UK's most iconic venues and visitors attractions.
Position: Sales and Planning Co-ordinator
Report to: Sales & Events Manager
Responsible for: Sales & Operations as well as Onsite Management
Hours of work: Permanent
Salary: 21-28K depending on experience
To Apply: Cover Letter and CV are essential
The role is responsible for the achievement of the sales and marketing function objectives whilst providing key support to the operations sub team as part of a ‘one team’ approach. Build and maintain positive relationships with prospective and existing clients, deliver an excellent customer experience throughout the sales process to maximise conversion and be a key contributor in a high performing team. Develop new revenue streams through business development initiatives and support the delivery of a first class customer experience through excellent event management.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Due to the nature of the role, the following list is not exhaustive of the job requirements and priorities will be jointly set following discussion with the GM.
Sales and Business Development
- Meet team and personal targets set by the GM.
- Have excellent knowledge of the site, venues, unique selling points and the f&b offering.
- Achieve higher average spend by effective use of up selling to each client.
- Ensure all enquiries are dealt with according to sales standards and are processed through the sites event software system and followed up.
- Create quotes, proposals for clients for events ensuring that:
- Costs are accurate and company policy followed
- Profit margins are maintained
- Quality is not compromised
- The client’s requirements are met
- The Ampersand brand is not diluted in any way
- Record commissions on the allocated tracker document
- Conduct show rounds and food tastings that are organised and set up to company standards.
- Support the Sales and Events Manager in the fulfilment of sales and marketing tasks, including but not limited to new packages, benchmarking, marketing projects, social media initiatives and proactive sales activity.
- Organise and host various client familiarisation events in efforts to create new business.
- Produce reports and presentations at the request of the Sales and Events Manager and GM.
- Carry out business development activity such as developing your own prospect list and activity plan, proactive calls, offsite meetings, site visits and attend networking events.
- Work with the Sales and Events Manager to identify quiet periods of the business and present plans/ideas to maximise sales.
- From time to time, this role will be required to support the operations team in event delivery and take the operational lead for a proportion of events.
- Collate the function sheets for the kitchen and back of house department for all tastings and events.
- To personally manage large and small scale events, including all aspects of liaison with the client, suppliers and internal teams to ensure successful running of the event.
- Ensure that staff from nominated suppliers are booked in a timely fashion and within the budgets set out in the proposal document.
- Ensure all the equipment agreed with the client is ordered and placed for all events within the budget set out in the proposal document.
- Ensure that all relevant drinks are ordered for events based on the client’s needs
- Produce full RAMS for all events.
- Onsite management of the event staff (front and back of house), giving them an accurate briefing of the event.
- Ensure that all operational packs are collated at the end of the event that would include, timesheets, drinks consumption, hire sheets in preparation for billing.
- Close all live documentation (staff bookings) on line in preparation for billing.
- Escalate any staffing issues, hire issues directly with the supplier giving constructive feedback.
- Run through billing for final sign off with the GM and finance teams.
- Support the operations team in accurately producing, maintaining and updating operations manuals, schedules, event plans, briefings and budgets as necessary.
- Communicate and provide information to internal departments and colleagues to assist and enable sales activities to run smoothly.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues and clients both internal and external.
- Attend events meetings with the operations teams.
- Represent the Sales team in an efficient, friendly and organised manner.
- Establish any other cross-business within organisation.
- To contribute towards an entrepreneurial and customer focused team culture and provide guidance and support to colleagues.
- To be a committed and motivated team member focused on the delivery of CH&Co Group values.
- To have an open mind to accept change and innovation to allow for growth and development.
- To maintain a happy and helpful manner and attitude throughout your work. Be polite and courteous and help your colleagues.
- Co-ordinate post event P&L ensuring that the quoted budgets are met.
- Ensure all deposits are sent and received with the signed T&C from the client.
- Ensure final billing / invoice is sent to the client in the agreed time frame.
Health and Safety
- To keep up to date with all COSHH and HACCP procedures and methods.
- To report any equipment and/or building fabric faults and any hygiene, health and safety hazard to the GM.
Ad Hoc Projects
- To actively take part in ad hoc projects as and when required.
- To support other units across the CH&Co Group.
- 1-2 years experience of being a high performer in an event sales team and managing events in a similar setting (Sales & Events Co-ordinator)
- 2-3 years experience of being a high performer in an event sales team and managing events in a similar setting (Senior Sales & Events Co-ordinator)
- Successful track record of implementing sales and marketing initiatives
- Successful track record of proactively generating new business
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication, written and verbal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Flexible and business minded
- Track record of working to and delivering financial targets
- Ability to use computerised diary booking systems
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends when required
- Talent for identifying creative solutions to problems
- Highly numerate and experienced devising and managing budgets effectively
- A passion for animals and food