Chef Manager The Forest High School
Tired of working weekends, late nights and want more holidays to enjoy a family life? Then this could be the opportunity for you!
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and experienced Chef Manager to be responsible for all aspects of managing the high level of delivery at The Forest High School on Cinderford.
Ambitious and commercially aware, with the presence and personality to influence the day-to-day business, you'll maximise the performance of your team. Leading by example and setting high standards, you'll enhance sales and provide our customers with great service. You will build a good relationship with the client your team and students.Package description
You will be working for the largest contract catering company in the world
Monday - Friday 35 hours per week
Up to £16,400 working term time only!
Meals on duty
Free car parking
Opportunity to join the Compass share and pension schemeMain responsibilities
- Managing your experienced and motivated team
- Catering for the students all from fresh high quality products
- Responsible for the P&L accounts
- Training and motivating staff
- Fully responsible for all the H&S and F&H regulations
- Responsible for the front and back of house
- Build an excellent relationship with the client and students
- Ensure all customer requirements are delivered in line with the expectation
- City and Guilds 706/3 / NVQ Level 2 in Food Preparation would be to your advantage
- Supervisory experience in similar environment
- Sound knowledge of Hygiene, Health and Safety
- Standards and quality driven management style
- Motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery
- Interpersonal, administrative and organisational skills
- Computer literacy
- Financial and commercial acumen
- A 'Can do' attitude
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.