Sous Chef – Wingfield Café and Staff Restaurant at The All England Lawn Tennis Club
6 days left
- Full Time
OUS CHEF - Up to £28,000
All England Lawn Tennis Club
WINGFIELD CAFE & STAFF RESTAURANT
We are looking for a talented Sous Chef to join our catering team within the Wingfield Cafe & Staff Restaurant at this prestigious sports club based in the heart of Wimbledon.
This is one of the world’s iconic sporting locations serving as a private Members Club during 50 weeks of the year and then, for two weeks, hosting The Championships – the world’s premier grass court tennis tournament.
We are looking for a Sous Chef that can help drive our food offer forward working alongside the Head Chef.
This role offers great development opportunities and would suit a senior Chef de Partie with contract catering restaurant experience ready to take on their first Sous Chef role.
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary.
- The Sous Chef will plan, organise and direct the preparation and cooking of food ensuring that the company’s reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times
- Taking responsibility for the food production with a hands-on approach
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality
- Driving sales through centrally driven menu planning and promotions and preferred suppliers
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, HS and COSHH
- The Sous Chef will also be required to implement and maintain food monitoring procedures to facilitate budgetary control and to monitor all costs involved in the kitchen against agreed budgets.
- Passion for food and upcoming food trends
- Exceptional culinary skill
- Enthusiastic, motivational, someone who strives for excellence
- Someone who takes the initiative and drives for results
- Organised, able to make robust judgements and prioritise
- Honest, transparent and consistent
- Have a flexible approach
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
Our Company vision is Great People, Great Service, Great Results and we believe your contribution is crucial to the success of the business. To achieve our vision we live by the values of Integrity, Team work, Passion, Can-Do and Responsibility.