We are currently seeking experienced Ward Hosts to work in a busy, fast paced hospital environment,.Main responsibilities
Responsible for the patient meal service in the hospital this role will involve direct interaction with Patients and Medical staff on ward areas during meal times with main duties to include:
- Preparing of Breakfast, lunch & dinner meals and refreshments and deliver direct to patients.
- Deliver menus and take orders from patients, giving help and advice where necessary on allergens and dietary requirements.
- Offer a hot beverage round during each service.
- Clear down ward areas and wash up dirty dishes ensuring that the kitchen is fully prepared for next service
- Liaise with ward staff to ensure patients’ needs are met in a timely manner.
- Offering a great customer service by putting the patient first.
The post holder must be friendly and a helpful member of the team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
All candidates must possess excellent customer service skills with attentive customer care. Previous catering or customer service experience would be an advantage.
You are expected to have good command of the English language and awareness of both food & personal hygiene standards.About the company
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, Portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.