Chef De Partie
6 days left
- Full Time
Hatfield House - A fantastic venue that Levy Restaurants UK are proud to be a long-standing catering partner for. Levy Restaurants provide catering for day visitors within the River Cottage restaurant.Package description
Up to £19,000
5 out of 7 days
Lots of room for progression and development!Main responsibilities
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and experienced Pastry Chef to join our highly motivated and focused Kitchen Brigade at Hatfield House. As Pastry Chef you will produce outstanding food using the finest and freshest Ingredients for our Coach House restaurant and banqueting business. Our Coach House Restaurant is due to change to a River Cottage table service restaurant in 2018 so this is a great opportunity to be part of this transition and launch.
As Pastry Chef you will be enthusiastic, passionate, and able to demonstrate strong bakery skills whilst remaining calm under pressure. We have a fantastic team with great development opportunities and you will support the Head Chef and Restaurant Head Chef in managing the team while maintaining good supplier relationships and all H&S in the kitchen.
- To maintain par levels and quality of bakery items for retail outlet (River Cottage).
- To deliver high quality desserts and plate presentations for events.
- To assist Chef in developing (dessert) menu’s for events.
- To inform Chef of food ordering needs effectively to ensure use of approved vendors.
- To maintain their working area in a clean, hygienic and organised fashion.
- Pastry / Bakery experience within Hotel or similar venue in excess of 2 years.
- Ability to plan and execute both pastry and bakery needs.
- An eye for detail and presentation.
- Work well as part of a team or on their own
- Creative and innovative
- Flair for great food
- Proactive management
- Commercial acumen.
- Customer orientated
- Ability to deliver change and new ideas
- NVQ level 1 & 2
- (NVQ level 3 with pastry/bakery would be ideal but not essential if experienced in industry).
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients including Twickenham Experience, Tom’s Kitchen at Somerset House and The O2, through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.