Unit Cook Manager
We are looking for a Unit Cook Manager to supervise the performance of team members and support your line manager. To ensure all tasks associated with food production, front and back of house services and any general support services are carried out with due regard to all Health & Safety and Food Safety regulations. Supervision of team members to ensure all general duties are completed to appropriate standards to support the efficient running of a contract or unit in line with contractual requirements.Main responsibilities
- To prepare, cook/regenerate and assemble menus in line with client environment and centrally driven menus and promotions where appropriate
- Follow set portion control and ensure all food is purchased in the first instance from our preferred list of suppliers wherever possible , including CPU & caretaking
- To ensure all food is stored & handled at the correct temperature and in accordance with Food Handling and Hygiene Regulations.
- To serve on the food counters in the client’s premises following all customer service standards
- To ensure that work areas are kept clean and that all waste is recorded and disposed of correctly.
- To be competent and skilled to work in all areas of preparation, cook and counter service.
- Ensure the quality and presentation of the food is to the highest standard and specification.
- To attend and comply with any training by Brands, Health and Safety, Food Safety etc.
- To ensure you comply with current dress and personal hygiene regulations.
- Has a flexible attitude and is prepared to assist other local sites if required
- Is passionate about delivering a world class service to our clients and customers
- Is able to work as a team but also willing to act on their own initiative
- Acts with honesty and integrity
- Good interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to spot new and innovative ways to produce food solutions to our customers
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.