General Manager - The Oval
We are recruiting for a General Manager to join one of our prestigious contracts - The Oval.
As the General Manager, you will manage the venue across all retail and hospitality requirements, providing exceptional five star service and ensuring your team are motivated and dedicated to fulfilling the operational needs.
You will work on specific opportunities by providing an excellent service to the customers, strong financial acumen, service improvements and team management.Package description
- Up to £60,000
- Opportunity to work at one our most prestigious venues
- Fantastic exposure and opportunity to progress
- Deliver leading edge guest experiences through directing the operational team to ensure consistency of world class product delivery.
- Work closely with Compass senior leadership team and stakeholders. Establish and sustain a powerful partnership and maximise the contribution of support functions to shape and drive the catering strategy, based on operational excellence and best practice.
- Operational delivery, ensuring quality control and consistent and exceptional guest and client satisfaction, underpinned by a balanced scorecard methodology across people, profit, customer and process elements.
- Leadership, to develop and sustain a high level of team energy and engagement, proud to provide great food, hospitality and operational excellence, plus H&S and all other compliance obligations.
- Coordination of product planning and delivery, from menu development to all aspects of food and drinks service, mindful of all HSE / Food Standards compliance obligations at all times.
- Innovation – Create an environment to embrace global trends and be continually market leading to reflect the position of The Oval as a world class sporting venue. Likely to be underpinned by frequent networking and research to drive innovation and product / process developments.
- Commercial performance. Consistent focus on business performance indicators, to monitor progress and make sound decisions within commercial limits without detriment to the ethos and reputation of The Oval.
- Project Management of catering facility evolution, working closely on the development strategy and any capital improvements plans.
- Passionate about food and hospitality, with a natural flare for guest focus and quality of experience at all levels.
- Demonstrates passion and hunger for ensuring an exceptional hospitality experience, able to inspire the entire and varied team to work as one to ‘jump the curve’ and delight in delivering the best possible food and experiences.
- Passionate about people – enjoys communicating with the most important of clients as well as the all-important team members that deliver great service day to day.
- Multi-site / multi venue experience, able to manage a mixed portfolio of outlets, embracing the spectrum from quality dining, to event catering to fast paced retail food delivery.
- Respected for leadership skills – confidently able to appoint, develop and inspire large high performing teams of both fixed and variable staff. Can demonstrate provision of clear and decisive direction.
- Strategic Thinker – ability to conceive and plan effective strategies and supporting tactics which embrace a variety of elements into a common goal. Sees change and continual evolution of both product and hospitality standards as the lifeblood of success.
- Excellent client and stakeholder management presence and interpersonal skills. Well versed in clarifying client and customer requirements. Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills, including delivering concise and engaging presentations. Known for collaborative approach. Natural and engaging in dialogue with customers at all levels.
- Professional integrity – naturally commands respect and delivers on promises.
- Project management - ability to lead the implementation of change programmes to deliver operational benefits
- Commercial agility – adept at budgeting, forecasting and effective resource deployment, with an agile eye for trends and embracing change in a cost effective way, whilst mainlining product integrity.
- Consummate professional – able to balance differing requirements for structured approach, agility and ability to flex and adapt as required. Resilient, focused on ownership and delivery.
- Dynamic and measured – good blend of ‘can do’, pace and a calm head under pressure.
Compass Group UK & Ireland offers excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its great people, we believe in the opportunity to recognise and develop great talent. That's why we offer a number of courses and qualifications for our talented Managers. For our future stars, we have The Academy and Accelerate programmes which will equip you for a career in Catering Management. For established managers, we have our Evolve programme which will hone your existing skills and add to your managerial capabilities. We’re also Edexcel approved, so you can be sure you are getting the best training available to you. So whether you are a Future Star with big aspirations or an established High Performer with a proven track record – there is a development plan for you. If this isn’t enough, we offer a competitive salary, pension scheme and life assurance, sick pay, and company discounts. And because life isn't only about work, we offer a good annual leave entitlement too.