£20,000 - 24,000, + Pension + 27 days leave + Bonus
As Chef Manager you will be responsible for one of our on-site catering locations, delivering a high quality food and service and managing the team.
Dyson are seeking enthusiastic team players to join our superb in-house catering department on a permanent basis. This is no ordinary on-site Café facility…we are a global technology company with over 3,000 people based on site and still growing. Our catering team have the challenge of feeding these success hungry employees on a daily basis and providing them with the nutrition they need to see through the day, as well as providing dining for evening events.
Reporting into the Executive Chef, you will be working with a team of staff, and are responsible for managing operational performance, budgets and cost control of the catering service in your location. The food offer is fresh, healthy and locally sourced, so excellent culinary skills are required with a passion for giving customers the best possible experience.
Working with the Executive Chef and other Chef Managers, responsible for menu planning and design of food service, ensuring a high standard of food preparation, presentation and quality control.
- Maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget.
- Managing special diet and allergen requirements.
- Leading evening functions and events.
- Day to day line management of team, ensuring exceptional food and service every day.
- Responsible for supporting, training and people development within the team.
- Building internal and supplier relationships to enable operational excellence.
- Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies and duty of care to customer and colleagues.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in a similar role, in a high paced and high volume environment.
- Proven leadership.
- Passionate and creative with can do attitude.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Flexible and willing with a positive can do attitude.
- A relevant industry qualification is desirable eg NVQ level 2 or equivalent.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.