We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Breakfast Chef to join our team. You will look after lots of hungry people, contributing to the efficient running of the kitchen. Responsible for producing a variety of dishes for the restaurant and meeting room areas to the highest standard, whilst ensuring the kitchen runs smoothly, safely and hygienically.Main responsibilities
- To ensure that work is carried out in a clean and tidy fashion and the fridge’s and work tops and general areas of the kitchen meet minimum requirements of Environment Health and Safety standards.
- To be aware of the mise en place needed to facilitate a full house on breakfast service.
- To ensure that all aspects of the breakfast buffet are covered as per the SOP manual.
- To be aware of all food components required to make up the full hot and cold breakfast buffet.
- To be aware of and assist in the preparation and service of conference lunch buffets and plated bar food meals.
- To ensure all training is completed and any further training required is requested.
- To confidently run the section on a day by day basis with particular attention paid to the minimum food temperatures required.
- To work closely with the Kitchen Management team in all aspects of the job, including training to the standard required.
- To prepare, cook and Serve food in line with company standard and food hygiene regulations
- To assist where necessary, other sections if needed to the standards set by the Head Chef.
- Quality driven
- Have excellent culinary skills with an attention to detail
- A creative thinker with sound knowledge of the latest food trends
- Have sound knowledge of hygiene, health and safety requirements
- Self motivated with the ability to work in a pressurised environment
- A team player with experience of supervising a team within a similar environment
- You will have Qualified to NVQ level1/2 in food preparation and cooking or equivalent
Eurest prides itself on creating contemporary foodservice solutions from the tea-room to the boardroom - and everything in between - for business and workplace industry clients.
We bring exceptional culinary creativity and flair, style and hospitality to employee restaurants, cafés and executive dining rooms.