Domestic Dispatcher - Kings Mill Hospital
A great opportunity to join our passionate domestic dispatch team on a permanent basis has become available to work within our busy healthcare setting.
This role is to provide efficient and effective support to help coordinate domestic tasks via the helpdesk within a very busy housekeeping department.Package description
We have an exciting opportunity to join our dedicated domestic dispatch team at Kings Mill Hospital.
The successful applicant will have a flexible approach to their working days, you will be contracted to 5 days/ 7 14:00 – 22:00, 37.5 hours per week.Main responsibilities
To provide a comprehensive helpdesk response service to managers and staff within the domestic services team.
- Despatch, collect and compile relevant information
- Collate statistical information
- Answer the telephone, deal with telephone enquiries and take messages in a polite and professional manner
- Keep records as necessary
- Identify and develop opportunities, through initiative ideas and creative thinking
- Use of the radio system to allocate jobs to domestics
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to deal with and communicate with a wide variety of people
- Administration skills
- Good keyboard skills
- Good time management skills
- An ability to prioritize work using your own initiative
- Previous experience of working as part of a team
- Good hand eye co-ordination
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.