Head of Retail - Canary Wharf
A unique opportunity has arisen for an individual who is extremely passionate about all aspects of retail catering - including high quality food, latest food trens and coffee, exceeding sales targets and all aspects of marketing. As Head of Retail, we want you to grow our customer sales across our large corporate contract in a creative, innovative way.Package description
£40,000 - £45,000
Monday - Friday only!
High profile brand new role, with the opportunity to make your own!
Compass Group UK & Ireland offers excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its great people, we believe in the opportunity to recognise and develop great talent. That's why we offer a number of courses and qualifications for our talented Managers. For our future stars, we have The Academy and Accelerate programmes which will equip you for a career in Catering Management. For established managers, we have our Evolve programme which will hone your existing skills and add to your managerial capabilities. We’re also Edexcel approved, so you can be sure you are getting the best training available to you. So whether you are a Future Star with big aspirations or an established High Performer with a proven track record – there is a development plan for you. If this isn’t enough, we offer a competitive salary, pension scheme and life assurance, sick pay, and company discounts. And because life isn't only about work, we offer a good annual leave entitlement too.Main responsibilities
- Delivery of multi-million £ budget
- Overseeing employee restaurant / 8 coffee bars / 3 delis / 2 shops
- Largest employee dining restaurant in Europe (850 seat / 2000 breakfast / 3000 lunch)
- Over 12,000 transactions a day
- Lead and manage a team of 3 Managers, Exec Chef, over 50 staff
- Recognise the importance of innovation and creativity
- Must have retail management experience
- Experience of leading and managing a large team of people
- High street retail management experience and have a track record of improving sales and GP within a unit
- Excellent financial acumen
- IT literate
- Strong communication skills – able to communicate at all levels
- Excellent customer service skills
- Passionate and results driven
- Strong organisational skills
- Innovative and creative
- Assertive, calm and works well under pressure
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Self motivated and ability to adapt to a changing environment
Our Company vision is Great People, Great Service, Great Results and we believe your contribution is crucial to the success of the business. To achieve our vision we live by the values of Integrity, Team work, Passion, Can-Do and Responsibility.
At Restaurant Associates our vision is simple - 'Bringing people together with brilliant food, brilliant service and brilliant associates'
Our inspirational food is alive with flavour and nutrition, sourced in a socially responsible manner for the well-being of our customers, communities and the environment and we match this with the excellent service of our brilliant associates.
Our values are our DNA - INSPIRATIONAL FOOD - INNOVATIVE SPIRIT - ASSOCIATES WHO EXCEL - STRONGER TOGETHER