Spanish Speaking General Manager
Spanish Speaking General Manager
Job Title: General Manager
Department: Neilson Beach Club
Location: South East Spain
Reports to: Business Manager
Direct Reports: Activity Manager, Hospitality Manager, Front of House Manager, Head Chef, Purchasing Manager, Head Housekeeper, Accountant
Interfaces with: Head of Hotel Operations, Head of Overseas Operations & HR
Job Role Summary
To manage the day-to-day operation and performance of our brand-new Neilson property in south east Spain. You will facilitate an enjoyable guest experience, generate sales revenue and ensure that all standards are maintained.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
• To ensure that all departments are run in accordance with our hotel policy.
• Prioritise guest and staff welfare and ensuring a personalized service is provided at all times.
• Provide training for all hotel employees in order to achieve the highest degree of competence when undertaking their duties.
• To be a role model and champion the Neilson vison and values in a professional and positive manner.
• To achieve the set customer service and financial targets across all departments within your hotel operations.
• Build rapport with all guests and team members to enhance their Neilson experience.
• Anticipate the needs and feelings of the customer and responded appropriately.
• Identify and resolve any customer issues or complaints.
• Analyse customer complaints to identify trends and improve the overall experience.
• Monitor and maintain all aspects of the property in accordance with our health and safety policies.
• In the event of a fire alarm activation adhere to the statutory procedures to ensure safe evacuation of all staff and guests.
• Identify equipment and supply requirements and report any defects in a timely manner to the Business Manager.
• Ensure all records are maintained in accordance with the company and legal requirements.
• Manage and motivate your team to achieve their targets.
• Prioritize the needs of your team to ensure that they are able to perform their role to the best of their ability.
• To be highly organized at all times in order to achieve your objectives.
• Empower your direct reports and delegate effectively so that they take ownership of their own departments.
• Effectively use, monitor and control your manpower and material resources whilst balancing both budgetary requirements and customer needs.
• Support direct reports within their roles as required.
• Communicate effectively with your teams to support them in the daily management of the business.
• Carry out any oral and written communication in a manner, level and pace, that will promote their understanding and build effective working relationships.
• Establish productive working relationships at all levels and ensure interpersonal conflict is identified and minimized.
• Carry out effective overseas recruitment and selection of new employees in accordance with company procedures, best practices and in line with wage budgets.
• Ensure there is a quick and decisive response to resolve immediate and short-term problems.
• To be actively involved in the recruitment of new staff for your resort with the assistance of the UK recruitment team.
• Identify the training needs of direct reports in relation to business plans and objectives.
• Provide feedback at regular one to ones and complete the appraisal process for each employee.
• Manage poor performance and conduct issues in accordance with the UK HR team.
• Motivate your team through recognition, reward and incentives.
• Set, monitor and control the budget and expenditure within your property.
• Complete detailed inventories for all staff accommodation and take utility readings at the beginning and end of season.
• Promote responsible tourism for the benefit of the environment by creating a culture of low wastage.
• Carry out all duties to ensure the smooth running of our overseas operation as designated by the Business Manager.
Resort Manager Personal Specification
LEADERSHIP, MANAGEMENT, PERSONAL SKILLS & QUALITIES
• Strong leadership and personal presence
• Ability to demonstrate focus, energy and tenacity in the pursuit of results
• Self-motivated and able to motivate, influence and inspire others.
TECHNICAL SKILLS OR KNOWLEDGE
Proficient user of Microsoft Office, Excel, excellent numeracy skills and a strong command of the Spanish and English language.
EXPERIENCE & TRACK RECORD
Organized and punctual with previous professional experience in:
• Managing an overseas operation
• Staff management
• Achieving targets, budget control and maximizing revenue.
Previous knowledge of Neilson product
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING, PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS OR ACCREDITATIONS
Educated to GCSE standard.
Management qualification e.g. Degree or equivalent.
Apply for Spanish Speaking General Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly