Sous Chef - Edgware
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, talented and enthusiastic sous chef who would like to join us on a journey to becoming the best Independent School catering operation in the company and the country.
This is a great opportunity to work side by side with a very experienced and reputable Head Chef, and to assist him in managing of kitchen team of 8, as we serve 1400 meals per day. We have a diverse and busy hospitality operation, where you can truly demonstrate your culinary flair to enhance our reputation within this sector.
The School is one of the top performing schools in the country and we are an integral part of their success - as such we are looking for a sous chef to hit the ground running, and to help take catering here to the next level.
Within this role there is a need for strong management and planning skills, with the requirement for excellent communication skills. You will, therefore, be adaptable as well as passionate and hard working.Package description
Fantastic Opportunity - Prestigious Independent School
Sous Chef - Edgware
Up to £30,000
Chartwells Independent is the leading provider of catering and support services to Independent Schools in the UK. We provide innovative catering, hospitality and food service by creating imaginative menus delivered with an exceptional service.
We know as a company that great food comes from great ingredients. Our Chefs use seasonal produce, adding their own individual creativity to let the food speak for itself. We pride ourselves on being able to provide a diverse range of cuisines that keep up to date with today’s trends ensuring we offer a great dining experience.
We nurture and develop our teams to enrich their skills which allows them to show their passion and inspiration that as a company we are proud to encourageMain responsibilities
- Catering for high volume number of covers daily
- Catering for hospitality and cooking to very high standards both of a traditional and modern level of cuisine
- Assist the head chef in managing a small brigade
- Help manage all HSE and Food Safety standards
- Working to high standards and be quality driven, profiling the company as well as the school
- Committed to food and customer service innovation
- Assist in stock taking and ordering of stock
- Developing, training and supporting staff
- Someone who takes the initiative and drives for results
- Experience in high volume catering with an eye for a modern approach and twist towards the food offer concepts
- Exceptional culinary skill set
- Passion for high quality tasty food, and someone who keeps up to date with food trends and innovation drawing from within the competitive culinary network
- Passion for fresh produce and the latest food trends
- Organised, able to make robust judgements and prioritise
- Honest, transparent and consistent
- Enthusiastic, motivational, someone who strives for excellence
- Gain and hold the respect of others
- Have a flexible approach with a “can do” attitude
- A good track record of driving world class performance
- Ability to monitor and challenge the use of processes
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
Chartwells is part of the Compass Group UK and Ireland which is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.