Our client is a globally recognized facilities services company with a high level focus on the achievement of targeted results. They are committed to flexibility and their positive attitude to innovation and change ensure the ongoing success of the business.
A hospital contract, in which our client manages catering (patient feeding), cleaning, linen and pest control is currently seeking a Service Manager. The role manages the service to meet and exceed targets on all performance aspects and is responsible for the day to day liaison of the service with the client.
Previous experience in managing or supervising within a service contract would be beneficial, together with a sound knowledge of equipment and Health & Safety. The successful candidate will be numerate as skills in financial accounting are required. Familiarity with working with Trade Unions will benefit your role in labour management while you undergo the following responsibilities:
- Provide direction, guidance and support to all staff and to ensure they are able to carry out their role effectively.
- Maintain accurate records for company systems including sickness procedures, quality monitoring, training and staff performance monitoring.
- Assist in the collation and completion of all Company reports and documentation in relation to the Services provided within the agreed timescales.
- Create, maintain and enhance effective working relationships with all major stakeholders (colleagues, patients, visitors and Trust Staff).
- Plan, allocate and evaluate work carried out by individuals under the positions control in conjunction with managing annual leave requests and service demand while meeting the required target hours.
- Participate in the preparation of plans, budgets and forecasts.
- Ensure that quality monitoring, activity reporting and performance monitoring is fully and properly implemented and maintained as per Company policy and procedure.
- Support Company Payroll Dept by ensuring new agreed onsite procedures are adhered to, to ensure smooth operations surrounding Payroll.
- Understand and comply with all relevant current legislation as set out in Company and Trust policies and procedures and the related documentation, including the Employee Terms and Conditions Handbook, Employee Health, Safety and Environmental Handbook and Security procedures.
- Ensure that all frontline staff within the service use all mechanical and electrical equipment in a correct and safe manner, using appropriate methods of work and complying with training requirements.
- Recruit staff and oversee their documentation and ensure all staff attend the company induction and training into the service.
- Implement appropriate personnel policies as required in respect of all staff groups and take
- Maintain a healthy, safe and secure working environment in line with current legislation and Company policies and procedures.
- Produce service specific operational policies, health & safety information and risk assessments.
- Participate and conduct, as required, in regular team meetings, performance reviews, job chats, return to work discussions and accident and other investigations. Minimum Level 3 in Health & Safety, NVQ Level 2 in Support Services in Healthcare (or comparable equivalent) and Customer Care Training are essential qualifications.
If you are highly organized and come with a proven ability to manage, lead, and motivate a team of people apply now to be part of a dynamic and service driven team.