Bar & Events Manager
We are looking for a Bar & Events Manager to oversee the Bar operation at Farnham Castle. Farnham Castle is a multi-award winning venue for Events, Meetings and Weddings with stunning buildings, five acres of beautiful grounds, world-class dining and guest accommodation.
Essentially open from 7 days a week, you will be required to have the flexibility to work days, evenings and occasional weekends, working on a 5 out of 7 rota.
This exclusive and prestigious facility requires people who are committed to deliver exceptionally high standards and will work as a team to provide a seamless and professional catering and event service.Package description
- Up to £26,000 per annum dependant on experience
- 5 over 7 days
- Opportunity of joining the Compass pension and share scheme
- Discounts at various high street stores
- To manage and oversee the operational delivery of beverage products and services for Weddings, Conferences & Events at Farnham Castle
- Lead the Bars, monitoring performance and delivery as well as presentation standards ensuring top level cleanliness & hygiene
- To support the Banqueting & Events (Operations) Manager with leadership to the team, providing guidance, training and assisting where necessary
- Takes on Duty Manager responsibilities and assumes overall responsibility as and when required
- Ownership of all Bars operational equipment, ensuring everything is stored safely and in good working order
- Ensure regular quarterly training to the full team of Bar Staff and Serving Staff for all aspects of Health & Safety including responsible service of alcohol
- Ownership of the tills and safe for Bars with detailed records kept to satisfy Profit Protection company standards
- To undertake weekly stock counts of all beverage inventory, and keeping accurate records of transfers to the Kitchen
- Keep POS Till System up to date with accurate product loading and pricing and ensures the team are fully trained on its features
- To drive financial performance taking every opportunity to upsell and maximise revenue potential
- Have previous Bar experience
- Knowledge of Wines and capability of producing wine menu
- Ideally trained in Food Safety Level 2 or higher
- High standards of Bar/Cocktail Service and willingness to support the Banqueting Operation
- Financial Awareness, owning relevant budgets and payroll responsibilities
- Great organisational skills
- Passionate for customer service
- Must have enthusiastic, can-do attitude
- Be able to drive as Public Transport is not widely available
- Be able to manage rates effectively
Eurest prides itself on creating contemporary foodservice solutions from the tea-room to the boardroom - and everything in between - for business and workplace industry clients.
We bring exceptional culinary creativity and flair, style and hospitality to employee restaurants, cafés and executive dining rooms.