Security Guard - Kings Mill Hospital
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Security Officer to join our team at Kings Mill Hospital.
Working as Security Officer your responsibilities will include assisting in maintaining an appropriate level of security and car parking with a view to protecting people and property and the prevention and detection of crime, in line with company and client procedures. Carrying out a variety of tasks associated with the delivery of a high quality and efficient Service.
It is essential that all applicants are customer driven & have excellent communication skills as you will be greeting, assisting and directing members of the public.
Kings Mill Hospital also help cover in Mansfield and Newark Hospital in times of sickness and annual leave, therefore applicants must have a full driving licence and access to their own transport.Package description
We have an exciting opportunity to join our dedicated Security team at Kings Mill Hospital.
The successful applicant will be contracted to 4 days on 4 days off 2x days 06:00 - 18:00 & 2x days 18:00 to 06:00, 37.5 hours per week.
You must have a valid SIA Licence and a CCTV license is desirable.Main responsibilities
- Maintain high profile internal and external patrols across the site. Activate or de-activate alarm systems. Ensure schedules of checks are followed and in accordance with Procedures.
- Respond promptly and effectively to all security requests, including when Trust staff are faced with violent or abusive patients, visitors or members of the public, through undertaking necessary restraint and control in a professional and legal manner.
- Complete daily reports of accidents or incidents following the agreed procedure, ensuring all necessary action is taken.
- Control and issue of Trust and Contractor Identification Badges, maintaining the ID Badge Database.
- Use of IT software in relation to security and car parking operations.
- Operation of closed circuit television surveillance in accordance with operational instructions and approved Code of Practice. (SIA licence approved).
- Receipt and administration of car park cash payments from both staff and public, following Trust and Medirest procedures for cash handling and transportation
- Ability to use own initiative and make a judgement as to wheel clamping of inappropriately parked vehicles in accordance with the Trust Procedures. (SIA licence approved)
The ideal candidate must hold a valid SIA Licence, along with the following:
- A full driving licence and access to own transport
- Possess good IT skills.
- The ability to communicate and work with patients, other members of staff and visitors to the hospital.
- Ensure that information regarding patients, staff and visitors is secure and not to divulge personal details at any time or under any circumstances.
- Understanding of a range of routine work procedures and protocols.
- Understanding of relevant Manual Handling procedures and protocols.
Previous experience of working in a Security role would be an advantage. As the role is customer facing, you must have excellent customer service skills and have be comfortable when using verbal and none verbal communication skills. You must also be confident when dealing with members of the public in a sensitive manor. A flexible approach to working shifts is also essential.About the company
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.
Our Company vision is Great People, Great Service, Great Results and we believe your contribution is crucial to the success of the business. To achieve our vision we live by the values of Integrity, Team work, Passion, Can-Do and Responsibility.