Head Chef NHS
Head Chef NHS, Bristol, £19,409 - £22,683 + excellent NHS benefits
A Head Chef is required by one of the UK’s largest NHS Hospital Trusts. You will be based at Southmead Hospital with a basic of up to £22,683 + excellent NHS benefits.
- A comprehensive knowledge of a large-scale catering operation and Cook Chill / Food Production.
- Ability to work with management and supervisory staff, to own the business and make recommendations for service improvements and have the confidence to take these ideas forward.
- To be self-motivated to set and achieve objectives with the ability to manage your own time effectively and efficiently.
- To have the necessary organisational and analytical skills to draw up and adapt rotas, and organise optimum cover arrangements.
WHY APPLY? The Head Chef position is a fantastic opportunity to take on a role and be part of this award-winning team. You will have an opportunity to:
- Learn new skills and the ability to input and improve service, as we are always looking at ways to improve our service to patients and staff.
- Be able to implement new ideas and have input into policies and procedures.
- Engage with external and internal stakeholders to benchmark the service.
- Be fully involved with the financial and budgetary control measures.
And not to mention the opportunity to further develop your professional career path within one of the UK's largest NHS Trusts (£550m turnover and 7,000+ staff), all whilst working with a fantastic bunch of colleagues and making the world a better place, working for the NHS!
THE ROLE: As a Head Chef, your responsibilities will include:
- The delivery of our award-winning patient food service.
- Have an understanding of the “Cook Chill” process and guidelines within this area of food production.
- Be able to provide effective leadership to ensure a consistently responsive and efficient catering service, maintaining team morale and encouraging a team spirit and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Co-ordinate with the Food Production Manager to ensure that adequate staffing levels are maintained, ensuring the allocation of staff duties meet the needs of the service and work specifications at all times.
- Preparation and production of meals including specialised diets.
- To take an active role in maintaining and improving the quality of the Catering Services. The identification of training needs within the kitchen and the provision of any subsequent training of staff, ensuring a high calibre workforce is maintained.
For a full job description and to apply please visit www.jobs.nhs.uk quoting reference code 339-YAS9088
Closing Date: 21st April 2018
Contact Gary Wilkins on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions.