Hospital Porter in Kings Collage Hosptial
We currently have an exciting opportunity for talented Hospital Porters. You will join our highly motivated and focused team who deliver outstanding customer service at this prestigious contract with King's College Hospital. Our Portering Team provides a portering service to all patients, consultants and visitors.Main responsibilities
The role has a high level of customer contact and is extremely varied:
- Transferring patients throughout the hospital,
- Delivering stock and equipment around the hospital
- Control and removal of clinical waste in line with our safety policy.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Full, clean driving licence
- Excellent communication skills and a very high standard of customer service
- Committed, hard-working and willing to go the extra mile for our patients
- Flexible, reliable and able to work under pressure
- Well organized and able to listen to instructions
- Team player and ‘can do’ attitude
- Friendly and out-going manners
- Previous experience in a porter’s role will be desirable but no necessary, as full training will be provided.
This vacancy is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 which means that all convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings on your criminal record need to be disclosed. An enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service will be applied for in the event of a successful application.About the company
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, working in more than 50 acute hospitals and medical treatment centres. Our aim is to provide the highest quality, best value cleaning, catering, logistics support and retail services to the healthcare sector. Medirest improves the patient experience by consistently delivering:
- Clean and safe hospitals
- The best patient dining experience in the world
- Flexible and professional logistic services including ‘on-demand’ portering, helpdesk and support services
- The best choice of retail brands including high street names.