Residential Support and Events Manager
Queen’s University Belfast
Residential Support and Events Manager
Accommodation, Student Plus
Queen’s Accommodation currently houses over 2,300 students and staff in the Elms Village, Malone Road and Queen’s Houses and apartments close to the main campus. Queen’s University Belfast is opening two new City Centre Student Accommodation developments in September 2018 that will become home to over 1,200 new students studying at the University for 2018-19.
This is an exciting new chapter for the University and will enable us to provide high quality, secure safe and affordable accommodation to over 3,400 Queen’s students. Queen’s is delighted to be able to bring new job opportunities to the local market as part of this investment and ensure that we continue to attract the brightest students to study at Queen’s and live in Belfast.
Our staff are key to the success of the service we provide our students and we are, therefore, looking to recruit an individual who will dedicate themselves to the student experience and provide a welcoming, efficient, knowledgeable and friendly service.
The successful candidate will provide a professional and pro-active residential support, welfare and wellbeing service to ensure that all students have the opportunity to succeed in their studies and fully participate in the broader student experience.
Reporting to the Residential Life Manager, the post holder will be responsible for the development, planning and delivery of the residential life social and pastoral programme and events throughout Queen’s Accommodation aimed at increasing student engagement. They will manage a team of Residential Life Coordinators and Residential Life Assistants and they will also be required to assist in the daily support of students and signpost students who may require/benefit from accessing support services within the University.
It is essential that the successful candidate is a customer focused individual with an outgoing personality and positive attitude and can deliver a high level of professionalism as they represent our business in this key area. Applicants should possess a positive “can-do” attitude, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a passion for providing excellent customer care
The nature of this role will involve working outside of office hours including some evening and weekends across the three Accommodation sites.
The successful candidate must have:
• Relevant academic/vocational qualifications (e.g. A Levels, NVQ 3 or equivalent) with 3 years’ relevant experience to include:
• Experience of developing and delivering social and pastoral programmes and events at a variety of levels that students/young adults take part in and want to develop
• Experience of supporting and engaging with students or young adults
• Evidence of working in a customer facing role to meet customer expectations including providing solutions to customer feedback. (Applicants without the appropriate qualifications, but with at least 4 years’ relevant experience will also be considered)
• Experience in and evidence of successful management of resources and budgetary control.
• Experience in Microsoft Office packages and computerised systems
• Proven supervisory/line management skills including overseeing and developing work which will deliver clear outputs.
• Possession of a valid UK driving licence.
Anticipated interview date: Thursday 3 and Friday 4 May 2018
Salary scale: £27,285 - £31,604 per annum (potential to progress to £34,520 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution)
Closing date: Friday 20 April 2018
For full criteria and to apply online, visit www.qub.ac.uk/jobs. For further information or assistance contact Human Resources, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on HR@qub.ac.uk
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It therefore welcomes applications from all sections of society and particularly welcomes applications from people with a disability.