We have an exciting opportunity for a facilities Manager to join our team.Main responsibilities
- To undertake the role of Facility Manager for the allocated site(s) and ensure that the site staff are carrying out their duties effectively and efficiently, in accordance to Company Policies and Procedures.
- To act as main point of contact for the School Staff, Subcontractors and Compass Staff within the site(s).
- To deliver the agreed services within budget and to the standard required.
- To act as the local contact with the Local Authority, School and SPV Manager.
- To take responsibility for the co-ordination of all services, making sure the FM services are meeting the contract requirements. Manage resources to optimise and profit levels and reduce operating costs.
- Liaise and influence SPV and Local Authority both formally and informally, via meetings, correspondence and reports in a professional manner.
- Identify and manage potential risk and opportunities.
- Be aware of and monitor the contract payment mechanism to ensure minimum deductions are incurred for the site(s).
- Oversee the on-site facilities team ensuring they carry out their roles professionally and to the required standard.
- Assist the Contract Manager in the management of Sub-Contracts ensuring value for money and compliance with contract specifications.
- Experience in a management position within a PFI environment
- Experience of total facilities management
- HR experience.
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.