Banqueting & Events Manager
We are looking for a Banqueting & Events Manager to oversee the operation at Farnham Castle. Farnham Castle is a multi-award winning venue for Events, Conferences and Weddings with stunning buildings, five acres of beautiful grounds, world-class dining and guest accommodation.
Essentially open from 7 days a week, you will be required to have the flexibility to work days, evenings and occasional weekends, working on a 5 out of 7 rota.
This exclusive and prestigious facility requires people who are committed to deliver exceptionally high standards and will work as a team to provide a seamless and professional catering and event service.Package description
- Up to £32,000 per annum dependant on experience
- 5 over 7 days
- Opportunity of joining the Compass pension and share scheme
- Discounts at various high street stores
- To manage and oversee the operational delivery of Weddings, Conferences & Events at Farnham Castle
- Completes rota and associated requirements to ensure adequate staff levels within budget
- Liaise with the Kitchen and all other relevant departments and support where necessary
- Ownership of all operational equipment, ensuring everything is stored safely and in good working order
- Sets high standards of service expectations and ensures that all Conference Facilities are in good condition.
- Ensures that Conferences & Events organisers are all greeted by a member of the operational team and an initial meeting takes place to ensure an understanding of the guest / client needs
- Ensures breakfast service and delivery standards are upheld and regularly reviewed
- Ensures all guest areas are “Show-round Ready”
- Lead the Service Team, monitoring performance and delivery as well as presentation standards
- Ensure regular quarterly training to the full team of Bar Staff and Serving Staff for all aspects of Health & Safety including allergen training
- Coordinates the general housekeeping of all function rooms and associated public areas
- To drive financial performance taking every opportunity to upsell on the day of an event
- High standards of Banqueting Service and Bar/Cocktail Service
- Financial Awareness, owning relevant budgets and payroll responsibilities
- Great organisational skills
- Passionate for customer service
- Must have enthusiastic, can-do attitude
- Be able to drive as Public Transport is not widely available
- Be able to manage rates effectively
Eurest prides itself on creating contemporary foodservice solutions from the tea-room to the boardroom - and everything in between - for business and workplace industry clients.
We bring exceptional culinary creativity and flair, style and hospitality to employee restaurants, cafés and executive dining rooms.