Junior Sous Chef
Job ID 514205BR
Location Shipboard Business Disney Parks & Resorts
Brand Disney Cruise Line
Date posted 12/20/2017
Would you love to see the world, forge new friendships, advance your career as a chef ... and do it on a one of the legendary Disney ships? If you have a passion for food and enjoy being a leader in the kitchen, prepare to set sail on your future by joining the culinary team on the Disney Cruise Line!
As a Junior Sous Chef, you would be part of a tight-knit team that creates truly delicious, beautifully presented food. Our goal? To make our Guests happy by infusing food with a pinch of fun and a healthy dash of that legendary Disney magic. And since we want our crew to grow personally and professionally, we provide training and development that allows for continuous learning.
Join us! Apply today so you can begin your future at one of the most innovative, welcoming companies in the world -- Disney Cruise Line!
Responsibilities: About You
You would join the exciting world of cruise travel, working with a group of chefs from around the world.
Every single day as a Junior Sous Chef is different! On any one day you might:
- Ensure all food leaving the galley is of the highest quality, and that all chefs are trained to scrupulously meet allergy and special dietary needs;
- Lead a multi-cultural, multi-lingual team of up to 20 crew members, and act as leader when your Chef De Cuisine (CDC) is absent.
- Consult with the CDC and Manager Food Operations on recipe formulation and food budgets;
- Maintain quality standards during storage, production and service;
- Flawlessly execute set recipes;
- Orchestrate opening/closing procedures for all kitchens and production areas;
- Monitor handling and maintenance of operating equipment;
- Plan daily presentations and tastings; and
- Deliver performance feedback from the entire team to the CDC.
Please apply if you have:
- The capability to take ownership, make decisions and lead a culinary team;
- Competence and confidence to work without regular supervision;
- Proven success managing multi-functional kitchen areas;
- The ability to work under tight deadline and budget pressures;
- Thorough knowledge of safe food handling (HACCP / USPH);
- Proficiency in recipe conversion and ability to follow standardized recipes;
- Excellent written and verbal skills;
- Proven time management/organizational skills, as well as basic computer knowledge.
- A minimum of 3 years of culinary experience, including 2 years working as Chef de Partie (including apprenticeship) in a high-volume kitchen.
You have at least 3 years formal culinary training in an accredited school or recognized apprenticeship.
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
Meet the Team: About Disney Cruise LineA leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.