Chef de Cuisine
Job ID 514116BR
Business Disney Parks & Resorts
Brand Disney Cruise Line
Date posted 12/20/2017
Would you love to travel the high seas aboard one of Disney Cruise Line’s luxury vessels, mentor young talent and advance your career as a chef, all while enjoying officer’s privileges? As Chef de Cuisine, you will showcase your gastronomic creativity, knowledge and prowess by leading up to twenty-four cooks in a dynamic, tightly-run kitchen.
Our goal is simple: to make Guests smile by infusing our cuisine with a dash of fun and a healthy dollop of that legendary Disney magic. If you’re excited by the prospect of leading teams to prepare well executed, truly mouth-watering cuisine, Disney Cruise Line has a place for you.
Apply now to set sail on your future. Join us at Disney Cruise Line!
Your “roll up your sleeves” attitude would be an example to a multi-cultural kitchen staff that prepares meals for up to 4,000 Guests per day! Since Disney is one of the most treasured names in the cruise line industry, you would uphold our exacting standards and reinforce them to your crew. Your instincts and interpersonal skills will be put to use alongside your sharp management experience, and of course, your culinary creativity and expertise.
Every single day as a Chef de Cuisine is different! On any one day you might:
- Mentor your multi-national team of Cooks and Sous Chefs on mastering new skills and recipes;
- Lead by example to create an environment of collaboration, friendliness, and respect;
- Review and streamline food costs;
- Coordinate and oversee menu development and preparation;
- Ensure US public health laws are strictly followed;
- Plan team schedules and conduct performance reviews;
- Work with Guests on special orders and requests;
- Interact with guests from around the world as a member of the ship’s officer corps; and
- Visit an exotic port-of-call.
Please apply if you have:
- 4+ years’ experience leading a high-level hotel or restaurant kitchen;
- Confidence to lead, make decisions and handle the unexpected;
- Demonstrated career progression within the culinary field;
- Experience leading culinary teams within an assigned area of responsibility;
- The capability to thrive in a dynamic, shipboard environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and culinary skills;
- Willingness to work a 4 month contract, with limited time off, and limited access to friends/family;
- Desire to mentor others, shaping their experiences and advancing their careers.
- A valid passport and C1/D Seaman’s Visa (DCL will provide you with the documents needed to obtain this)
- Previous experience cooking in a cruise ship kitchen; and if possible,
- Knowledge of the Materials Management System (MMS.)
You have a Chef Certification or equivalent degree in Culinary Arts.
- Documentation/Testing: Since this is a shipboard role, you will be asked to obtain a pre-employment medical exam, a criminal background check, and submit to a drug/alcohol test within the first week on board, and throughout your contract.
- Privileges: As a 2.5 stripe Officer, you would enjoy a single room accommodation and officer’s privileges while onboard.
- Contract length:. 4 months on/2 months off, with benefits year round, as long as return contract is signed.
- Benefits: Group Medical; Short and Long Term Disability insurance; Life insurance; Retirement savings plan.
This position currently reports to the Assistant Manager, Food Operations.
Disney Cruise Line is a drug-free workplace. All new hires are required to undergo drug/alcohol testing within the first week on board, and throughout their contracts. Failure to pass the drug/alcohol testing will result in immediate termination.