Chef de Cuisine
Job ID 514116BR
Business Disney Parks & Resorts
Brand Disney Cruise Line
Date posted 12/20/2017
Would you love to travel the high seas aboard one of Disney Cruise Line’s luxury vessels, mentor young talent and advance your career as a chef, all while enjoying officer’s privileges? As Chef de Cuisine, you will showcase your gastronomic creativity, knowledge and prowess by leading up to twenty four cooks in a dynamic, tightly-run kitchen.
Our goal is simple: to make Guests smile by infusing our cuisine with a dash of fun and a healthy dollop of that legendary Disney magic. If you’re excited by the prospect of leading teams to prepare well executed, truly mouth-watering cuisine, Disney Cruise Line has a place for you.
Apply now to set sail on your future. Join us at Disney Cruise Line!
Responsibilities: About You
Your “roll up your sleeves” attitude would be an example to a multi-cultural kitchen staff that prepares meals for up to 4,000 Guests per day! Since Disney is one of the most treasured names in the cruise line industry, you would uphold our exacting standards and reinforce them to your crew. Your instincts and interpersonal skills will be put to use alongside your sharp management experience, and of course, your culinary creativity and expertise.
Every single day as a Chef de Cuisine is different! On any one day you might:
- Mentor your multi-national team of Cooks and Sous Chefs on mastering new skills and recipes;
- Lead by example to create an environment of collaboration, friendliness, and respect;
- Review and streamline food costs;
- Coordinate and oversee menu development and preparation;
- Ensure US public health laws are strictly followed;
- Plan team schedules and conduct performance reviews;
- Work with Guests on special orders and requests;
- Interact with guests from around the world as a member of the ship’s officer corps; and
- Visit an exotic port-of-call.
Please apply if you have:
- 4+ years’ experience leading a high-level hotel or restaurant kitchen;
- Confidence to lead, make decisions and handle the unexpected;
- Demonstrated career progression within the culinary field;
- Experience leading culinary teams within an assigned area of responsibility;
- The capability to thrive in a dynamic, shipboard environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and culinary skills;
- Willingness to work a 4 month contract, with limited time off, and limited access to friends/family;
- Desire to mentor others, shaping their experiences and advancing their careers.
- A valid passport and C1/D Seaman’s Visa (DCL will provide you with the documents needed to obtain this)
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous experience cooking in a cruise ship kitchen; and if possible,
- Knowledge of the Materials Management System (MMS.)
- Preferred Education
You have a Chef Certification or equivalent degree in Culinary Arts.About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
Meet the Team: About Disney Cruise LineA leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.