Chef De Partie
Job ID 514119BR
Business Disney Parks & Resorts
Brand Disney Cruise Line
Date posted 12/20/2017
At Disney Cruise Line, you can set sail on the job opportunity of a lifetime! Disney Cruise Line has established itself as a world-renowned leader in hospitality and entertainment, and has been recognized as the top cruise line for families. Our crew members bring the magic to life to deliver exceptional guest service and create family-friendly fun onboard the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, and on our private island paradise in the Bahamas – Castaway Cay! With incredible itineraries that visit exciting destinations around the world, crew and Officers can chart the course for an unforgettable adventure with Disney Cruise Line. Ongoing training and development allows our crew to continuously learn and grow personally and professionally, and Disney Cruise Line offers a unique opportunity for those looking to grow, excel and work for one of the most innovative and welcoming companies in the world. Apply today to Embark on Your Career and Navigate Your Future!
- Ensure every food item leaving the Galley is of the highest quality in flavor and presentation
- Partner with Junior Sous Chef and CDC; establish food quality standards during storage, production and service
- Hands on responsibility for own assigned section within the galley
- Guide lead and train direct reports up to Disney Cruise Line Standards
- Execute company recipe guidelines for assigned area of responsibility via recipe booklets, plate presentation and audits
- Organize and deliver new implementations on area of responsibility
- Organize area of responsibility for daily service up to Disney Cruise Line standards
- Meet or exceed Disney Cruise Line and Vessel Sanitation Program (VSP) requirements in area of responsibility
- Understand, monitor and ensure opening and closing procedures for assigned production areas; ensure follow through with Cooks & Stewards
- Monitor handling and maintenance of operating equipment; proactively report maintenance needs to Junior Sous Chef
- Minimum two years formal culinary training plus 3 years work experience which may consist of an accredited school or recognized apprenticeship OR minimum 6 years work experience with 2 years in a comparable role
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Must be proficient in all stations in the kitchen
- Must be proficient in safe food handling, HACCP / USPH
- Knowledge and proficiency in following and converting recipes
- Demonstrates a commitment to culinary career with a desire to grow within the F&B industry; demonstrates a passion for food
- Must have understanding of food cost and the impact of spoilage
- Must be able to work with a multi-cultural team in a confined environment
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Ship experience preferred
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920's to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.