Our client has won the contract to manage the accommodation campus for a massive construction site, providing workers a home away from home. Set to open the first campus in June, our client, a dynamic team of hospitality professionals is looking to employ a Bar Manager.
With 1500 people on site, 2 types of bars will be available- a sports bar, and a lounge bar which will also provide for breakfast overflow. Experience in large high street bar brands or chains is essential, and openings or launching would be beneficial.
Upon your appointment, your immediate responsibility will be to ensure a smooth transition from the pre-opening phase to the scheduled day of opening, so a strategic, forward-thinking approach is of utmost importance, while you perform the following duties:
- Manage the approved 'pre-opening budget' for your department accordingly
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of all the pre-opening requirements for the Bars
- Manage the efficient traffic of all the pre-opening OS&E requirements in your Department
- Directly supervise the pre-opening training plan for all staff in your Department in cooperation with the Human Resources Department
- Assist the Food & Beverage Manager/Director in ensuring a successful implementation of the 'Opening Day Plan' and effect the 30-day countdown to opening
- Management of all inventories within the department in line with the departmental budget
- Conduct regular audits of the department to ensure all procedures are being followed correctly and standards are being adhered to
- Demonstrate key drivers of guests' satisfaction. Make balanced decisions based on what is best for the customer, right for the business and supportive to all staff
- Oversee the development and management of the annual operating budget including capital expenditure to exceed budget expectations
- Recommend revenue-enhancing capital improvements and capital programs for expense reduction
This is an incredible opportunity play a vital role in an opening and make your mark as you implement the business strategies and campus initiatives throughout all aspects of operations, with specific emphasis on the Bar.