Senior Sous Chef
Senior Sous Chef - £32k to £35k - Based in Soho
Our client is a very well respected independent Mexican inspired Restaurant. Based in Soho this site will offer lunch and dinner with brunch on the weekends which will be authentic Mexican all served in a casual environment. They have exceptionally high standards but offer a relaxed dining style.
This establishment is building a name for itself for the Mexican cuisine and its fresh ingredients which they use. This is a busy restaurant doing just under 1000 cover per week out of a 60 cover restaurant.
This concept is financially backed by key industry leaders giving it the investment required to expand. The vision is for the Senior Sous to come on board and become the Head Chef once site number two is open. We are looking for a candidate who can show progression up through the kitchen hierarchy in their CV therefore a good amount of time spent as a Sous Chef is essential before progressing into this senior role.
You should be a real foodie with great enthusiasm in cooking and to be driven by excellence and attention to detail. Someone who is naturally outgoing and energetic with an ability to train and inspire will suit this role perfectly.
* To lead a team of 10-12 with a "can do" attitude
* Provides guidance to junior kitchen staff members
* Oversee and organise kitchen stock and ingredients
* Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours
* Trains new kitchen employees to restaurant and kitchen standards
* Managing food purchasing and storage
* Supervises all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards
* Works with head chef to maintain kitchen organization, staff ability, and training opportunities
The ideal candidates would be able to show:
* Passion, commitment, focus and able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
* Exceptional managerial and organisational skills
* Familiarity with how small independently owned restaurants operate
* The ability to communicate effectively, both to team and suppliers
* Direction and future gaols in their career
This is an amazing opportunity to further your career with an influential growing company. If you are an experienced Sous Chef and you are looking for a new and exciting challenge, then we look forward to receiving your CV. Please send as a Word document.
Please note, due to volume of applications, only suitable Sous Chef applicants will be contacted.