Porter Peterborough City Hospital
- Full Time
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Porter to work in our busy healthcare setting.
The successful applicant will have a flexible approach to working hours in order to meet the needs of the business. You will work a variable rota including days, evening and night shifts 5/7 days. In return we will guarantee a minimum of 35 hours per week.
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
The successful candidate must be flexible with their working hours as you will be working a varied shift pattern which will include, Days, Nights and Weekends.
- Transportation and transfer of patients around the hospital
- Taking blood samples, specimens and medication around the hospital in a timely and pleasant manner.
- Delivering medical gas cylinders, equipment, stores, furniture, pharmaceutical and pathology items.
- To take linen, case notes and the removal and disposal of waste of which some duties can be heavy.
- Transport the deceased to the mortuary
- Excellent service skills with great attentive customer care skills
- Good command of the English language
- Awareness of both food and personal hygiene standards however full training will be provided
- Must be flexible in your approach to work
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude
- You must be able to do one of the following shift patterns
- A full driving license is required
Compass Group UK & Ireland offers excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its great people, we believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success, that's why we offer a competitive salary, pension scheme and life assurance, sick pay, and company discounts. And because life isn't only about work, we offer a good annual leave entitlement too.