We are seeking to appoint a Storeperson to join our team.Main responsibilities
To receive, store and where applicable, decant all provisions and other stock. To pick all such items for delivery to various sections of the department and its customers, including departments.Ideal candidate
- Check all incoming goods for quality, quantity and certify delivery when all the above criteria have been met
- Liaise with suppliers in case of shortages/product rejection, to ensure early replacement or credit and return the rejected stock
- Assist in the security of stock at all times and to ensure that an effective system of recording stock movements is maintained
- Assist in keeping and updating of the temperature and stock audit trail using the appropriate systems and procedures
- Ensure that stock is fully rotated
- Ensure all food is stored, handled and packed in accordance with Food Handling and Hygiene regulations
- Use machinery as shown and taught, ensuring that the equipment is used safely and in accordance with current regulations and company policies.
- Comply with all Health & Safety legislation which is laid out in the company’s Health & Safety Manual, (COSHH procedures in the selection, use and recovery of cleaning chemicals and manual handling etc)
- Assist with stocktaking at the end of each period
- Ensure hygiene levels are maintained in accordance with current legislation and provide a safe environment for customers and staff
About the company
Chartwells Independents, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to Independent Schools in the UK. You will be part of a team that supports high quality education at this school by providing outstanding food and service to the pupils and school staff.
Whether it be producing great food for pupils and staff or being involved in creating great hospitality events our teams have a passion for preparing food using fresh quality ingredients. Our belief is that it all starts with great tasting, healthy food that pupils look forward to and really enjoy.