Porter Supervisor Peterborough City Hospital
A great opportunity to join our passionate Porter team on a permanent basis has become available to work within our busy healthcare setting.
The successful applicant will have a flexible approach to working hours to meet the needs of the business. You will be required to work between the hours of 7am - 11pm, 5/7 days; in return we will guarantee 37.5 hours
We offer the following enhancements, they are are as follows:
- Saturdays +37% per hour
- Sundays. + 74% per hour
- Bank holidays Double time if part of their rota. Lieu day if not
- Unsociable evening hours from 2000 hours to 0600 hours +37%
The role will involve dealing with difficult and emotional situations involving staff and service users, including contact with distressed patients/visitors and deceased patients.Package description
Medirest is part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, who provide a full range of Hotel Services (including staff, patient and visitors catering, domestics, portering and security) at over 130 NHS Trust and private hospitals.Main responsibilities
- Responsible for the day-to-day supervision and team leadership of Portering Services at the Hospital.
- Supervise, co-ordinate, motivate, train and work with your team to provide a quality service
- Plan and produce rosters ensuring effective and economic deployment of the team. Check time and attendance and ensure sickness and absence procedure is fully adhered to.
- Train and develop your team as required by the company and legislation, check that members of your team are aware of these requirements and are working in accordance with them. Ensure all training records are accurate and recorded.
- Ensure a high standard of customer service is a priority, customer complaints are promptly dealt with, and action taken to prevent reoccurrence
- Develop good lines of communications and relationships at all levels within your team, colleagues and customers
- Use machinery as shown and taught, ensuring that the equipment is used safely and in accordance with current regulations and company policies
- Comply with all Health & Safety and ensure hygiene levels are maintained in accordance with current legislation; providing a safe environment for customers and staff
- Manage security processes within your area/duties, in line with the company procedures.
- Excellent communication skills in order to liaise with a range of staff, internal and external customers
- Good team leadership/supervisory skills and an understanding of the different roles and skills of team members.
- IT literate, competent in the use of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude
- Ability to work in a fast paced healthcare environment with a flexible approach to work
- Awareness of health and safety and infection control
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program