Hotel & Events Operations Manager
Hotel & Events Operations Manager
Job Title: Hotel & Events Operations Manager
Managed by: Hotel & Events General Manager
Department(s): Hotel & Private Events
Waddesdon Manor is a historic house open to the public. Created by Baron Ferdinand de Rothschild from 1874, it is home to the Rothschild Collection and was bequeathed to the National Trust in 1957. Today it is managed by a Rothschild charitable trust, The Rothschild Foundation. It currently welcomes over 450,000 visitors a year to the property.
Outline of Role
The new post of Hotel & Events Operations Manager will cover all aspects concerning the operational running of the Five Arrows Hotel (FAH) and Private Events (PE) business, which operates across Waddesdon.
- Handle Hotel & Private Events operational aspects to ensure delivery and implementation of the agreed short, medium and long term business strategy, to meet agreed delivery targets within budget and timescale – as agreed with the Hotel & Events General Manager.
- Develop excellent relationships with management, peers and stakeholders
- Ensure a firm control of costs in pursuit of profitability, efficiency and guest satisfaction.
- Ensure accurate weekly and monthly reporting and forecasting as required.
- Ensure that the high information management and organisational standards of the Organisation is meticulously maintained.
- Harness the skills and abilities of the Hotel & Private Events operational team to deliver excellent service to customers across multiple events.
- Overall responsibility for operational planning and team deployment.
- Provide strong strategic and operational leadership to the team, ensuring the vision, values and culture are fully embedded, with clarity on objectives across all Hotel & Private Events.
- Ensure that staff cohesion, training and development and retention remains a key priority.
- Ensure effective communication within the Operational team, through daily/weekly meetings as required to ensure a well-informed, motivated and engaged team.
- Drive operational excellence across the business, promote the vision, mission and principles of the Organisation. Ensure these standards are driven through the Organisation from top to bottom.
- Support the customer care strategy and ensure tools are in place to supports its delivery, in conjunction with the Hotel & Events General Manager.
- Be accountable for the quality of service and hospitality being provided, passionate about standards and responsible for ensuring they are driven through the organisation from top to bottom.
Knowledge, Experience & General Attributes:
- 2-3 years’ management experience of working to the highest standards in the events, hotel and restaurant industries.
- Must possess ability to assess and prioritise multiple team needs, a strong track record of being a team player and training, managing and motivating staff.
- Highly motivated, organised individual who is able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail with high level of integrity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - a friendly and approachable manner with guests, visitors, outside agencies and contractors, and all staff and volunteers across the organisation.
- Excellent IT skills and proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
Terms & Conditions
- Full-time, Permanent Role, minimum 37.5 hours per week
- Salary: £30,000 plus share of gratuities
- 25 days’ holiday (plus Bank Holidays), increasing after 3, 5 and 10 years
- Employer matched Pension Scheme up to 10%
- National Trust staff discount card for you and your partner providing entry to Waddesdon Manor and other NT properties, 20% discount in NT catering and retail outlets and the Five Arrows Hotel and 10% off Rothschild wines.
- Free parking
Application closing date midnight Friday 1st June 2018