Night Porter job description
Summary of position held:
- Up to a 45-hour week over 4-5 days including weekdays, weekends and bank holidays and to cover extra hours to cover any staff holidays.
- To generally oversee the smooth and efficient operation and running of the Hotel during the evening.
- To report any incidents that occurs in the Night Porters duty book for future reference.
- To liase with Duty Managers and Reception staff to pass on any information. To hand over from Reception at the start of the shift and to then be responsible for the Hotel, all guests, Security in the Hotel and taking over the Bar.
- To ensure all doors and windows in the Hotel are locked and secured.
- To undergo regular fire checks around the Hotel throughout the night.
- Regularly checking the CCTV Cameras.
- Responsible for any room service orders, and early breakfasts for Hotel guests.
- To clear and keep tidy all public areas and to check for any maintenance problems, ensuring they are reported in the maintenance book for the next day.
- Responsible for checking all kitchen equipment and fans are turned off, and on again before the Breakfast Chef arrives in the morning.
- Setting up any conferences, meetings and weddings for the next day’s special business and clearing away afterwards.
- To ensure all customers enjoy their stay and assist with any queries, problems or requests they may have.
- To undertake any relevant staff training deemed appropriate.
- To undertake any other duties deemed appropriate by the Housekeeping Manager or General Manager.
- Health and safety awareness and in the event of a fire or major situation to liase with the appropriate authorities.