We are seeking to appoint a Sous Chef to join our team at Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.Main responsibilities
- Daretobe a passionate culinary innovator
- We are looking for a Sous Chef to lead our hospitality dining experiences with a flourish of finesse and flair.
- Key focus areas
- This venue will be all about quality and innovation, where the job holder works with the Executive Head Chef and Head Chef of hospitality on menu development and standards to deliver exceptional hospitality experiences for up to 9000 covers per event – be they football, NFL, music concerts or other ad hoc opportunities.
- Leads effective and collaborative communication with all key internal and external stakeholders including our Michelin star calibre chef partners with the fore sight to working in the relevant partners establishments.
- Ensure we never compromise on quality and flavour through exceptional professional standards
- Drive sales, manage volumes and compliance through preferred suppliers and local sourcing where applicable
- Deliver client tasting sessions for event planning.
- You will be ambitious, confident and resilient
- You are a nice person who enjoys leading a talented brigade
- You have a passion for fresh ingredients and enjoy creating stunning dishes time and time again
- Proven track record in high quality environments and have the confidence and ability to demonstrate your own style with finesse and flair
- Able to illustrate how you keep pace with food trends and translate them to exciting and appealing menu and food offers
- You have a guest first approach and are able to adapt style to a broad range of experiences
- Commercial minded with evidence of successfully managing costs in line with exceptional delivery
- You take a hands-on approach
- Supervise the delivery of the food service provision required utilising all available resources effectively and efficiently ensuring that all meals are provided to the required quality standards at the specified times to create a consistent customer experience and avoid any service failures or penalties
- Provide the highest level of customer service by role modelling the Levy UK values and behaviours at all times to colleagues, customers and clients
- Plan food production and process orders via nominated systems and use the correct approved Compass vendors
- Check invoices and delivery notes and report any anomalies using the correct reporting procedure
- Supervise the receipt, correct storage and quality of commodities and report any concerns or observations
- Ensure the recovery and storage of food and correct labelling procedures are followed
- Follow all recipes provided to ensure full compliance of nutritional/dietary requirements
- Assist with coaching and mentoring all Apprentice/Trainee Chefs on formal development programmes
- Attend Craft Forums, share knowledge and provide constructive feedback to the Food Operations Team
- Follow all waste control procedures using the Food Production Process (FPP) guidelines
- Assist with the preparation of all function/hospitality menu costs in accordance with the correct pricing structure and provide in a timely manner to your line Manager.
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients including Twickenham Experience, Tom’s Kitchen at Somerset House and The O2, through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.