We are seeking to appoint a Facilities Attendant to join our team.Main responsibilities
- Act as first contact for all sports facility visitors, dealing with personal and telephone bookings and enquiries. Relaying messages where applicable.
- Administer bookings, including taking bookings and payments.
- Cash Handling, security of money, completion of Letting Sheet and preparing money for banking.
- Ensure the smooth running of the facility during its opening hours.
- Assist the management team as required in the marketing of the facilities.
- Set up / Take Down of Equipment as required.
- Ensure that the safety and behaviour of the public is controlled to prevent injury, misuse and damage to facilities.
- Provide first-aid cover, and ensuring that the appropriate documentation is completed
- Carry out routine building checks and completion of relevant documentation
- Assist with secondary sale opportunities
- Carry out general cleaning duties of the leisure facility, including changing rooms, toilets and external areas.
- Development of the role incorporating the level of bookings and income.
- Undertake all tasks according to the Health and Safety guidelines.
- Act as general assistant to the facilities staff, if required.
- Support good communication practises while on duty.
- Site Security including opening / closing the facility
- Ensure the correct clothing and ID Badge are worn at all times.
- Attend and maintain any relevant training / qualifications as requested by Management.
- Act and support in the activation of the Fire Alarm in accordance with the site Health&Safety policy.
- Work and adhere to all Policies and Procedures relating to facility operation.
- Supporting and adhering to the Lettings Policy.
- Ensure the safety of those using any/all equipment/facilities, including but not limited to the use of the swimming pool.
Any other duties asIdeal candidate
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
- Good people skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- High standards and be quality driven
- A 'Can do' attitude
About the company
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.