We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Unit Manager to lead and manage the catering team at the school to deliver excellent food quality and customer service to our clients, whilst ensuring contractual, legislative and Compass standards are met and maintained.
To manage all financial aspects to maximise sales opportunities and manage expenditure to deliver targeted results.Main responsibilities
- Providing a safe environment for all users of the premises, promoting a safety culture and ensuring your team and visitors are aware of and operate in accordance with company and client Health & Safety procedures at all times.
- Successfully managing all aspects of food service delivery in compliance with legislative and contractual requirements and ensuring all Food, Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality ISO9001 standards are met.
- Ensuring the production, preparation, presentation and service delivery of food products to all customers meet with Chartwell’s operational standards and the Contract SLAs. This includes providing the correct signage, product information and allergen information.
- Maintaining consistently high standards of customer service delivery through regular customer journey observations, seeking regular feedback from customers and clients, School’s councils and then developing improvement plans such as training or coaching to raise standards.
- Managing financial aspects of the catering department including labour cost, sundry expenditure and food cost through effective sales mix management, stock control and portion control.
- Seeking new opportunities to increase our sales and develop growth for increase contract performance in order to deliver to budget. Producing accurate weekly and monthly financial reports for the contract and the central team.
- Focusing on Clients and Consumers - Manages the delivery of an outstanding service, retains clients and consumers and develops new business
- Developing Winning Teams – Builds engagement with the whole team through excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and written
- Building Strong Relationships - Able to build trusting relationships with clients, consumers, colleagues and employees.
- Seeing the Bigger Picture - Ability to organise, prioritise, and manage tasks to deal with the day to day demanding environment whilst developing medium term plans and contributing to the overall business strategy.
- Innovating & Improving - Flexible, with the ability to work under pressure whilst looking for continuous improvements to service deliver.
- Delivering Results - Resilient and acts tenaciously to delivering quality standards; on time and on budget for the mutual benefit to our client, customers and business.
ESS Support Services Worldwide is the defence, government, offshore and remote business sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. It provides food and support services to major companies and organisations operating in remote sites, defence, central and local government departments, police, prisons & offshore sectors.